• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GRIM TALES] Warhammer 'Chronicles of the Witch Hunter'

Radiant

First Post
Rat

Goblins. Just what we need.
Cursing to herself Rat returns and reports her findings.
"Let's get moving. Lot's oh 'em and stinkin wolves too. We need to find some moving water, or maybe another corpse to get 'em of our trail."

Bobitron

Explorer
"Right then. Let's get out of sight as quickly as possible then. Grimmor, would you... erm... like a ride? You don't look in top shape, no offense meant."

Gunther had a feeling that Grimmor would rather fight a dozen wolves rather than ride a horse. No harm in asking, right?

"If they spot me, I will run off and try to lead them away from the rest of you."

OOC: Is there anywhere obvious we can hide?

Karl Green

First Post
(occ just a note... these are named the Barren Hills for a reason... you have not pasted anything but dried up creek and river beds and the only water is small standing stagnant pools. The land is very rough and hard through, with crops of ugly small trees here and there. There are also multiple large rocks and bluffs, with deep gullies cut through out the area. If you had to find a defensive position it would not be to hard… losing their trail (if they pick it up) will not be easy however /occ)

Bobitron

Explorer
"I leave it up to the group. Stand and fight, or try to avoid the curs. Looks like there is some good defensible ground near that gully. Perhaps I could lure them into the gully, and the lot of you could rain death down upon them from above?"

Radiant

First Post
Bobitron said:
"I leave it up to the group. Stand and fight, or try to avoid the curs. Looks like there is some good defensible ground near that gully. Perhaps I could lure them into the gully, and the lot of you could rain death down upon them from above?"

"How about we take a good defensive position outside of their path and hope they don't find us. If they do we can still stand our ground or however you call that suicicidal stuff."
Rat is obviously not too happy about any opponent who does actualy have a chance of winning.

Krug

Newshound
"If we find a place where we can face them one or two at a time, take away their advantage which is their mobility, we might stand a chance!" says Grimmor, his blood lust rising.

scranford

Explorer
Seif-al-Din (Sword of the faith)

Seif thinks that his sleep will not be un-interrupted again if the goblins are still around. He is in favor of finding a defensible position and waiting them out for a while. If they don't find our trail we can wipe them out at our leisure, or dodge them completely if we find the stone.

scranford

Explorer
Seif-al-Din (Sword of the faith)

Seif would normally be for drawing the creatures into an ambush and killing them all, but with the injured status of the party that may not be the best plan. Perhaps Rat could scout out the goblins, and see what type of force we are faced with. Without more information on the enemy it is difficult to develop a strategy.
If we are not overwhealmingly outnumbered Seif is for ambushing them so we don't have to worry about them. He doubts they will be the only "bad guys" we run into however, and dosen't want the party to be weakened anymore.
If we are outnumbered then lets hole up for a brief period, keep an eye out for them, then continue the search after they have passed on. Perhaps in that time they will encounter something which will deplete there numbers a bit.
Either way we must resume the search for this "Rock" as soon as it is safe.

Karl Green

First Post
the Barren Hills, May 17th, day

Assuming Rat agrees, she sneaks back and tries to observe the mob some more
Hide check 15+2=17. Spot check 14+9=24

She returns in less then an hour, reporting there one of the goblins is much larger then the rest. It was around 5ft tall and was wearing a Kislev-style fur hat, and a human sized scimitar on its back. About half the riders bear black bows, and all are armed with scimitars and short spears. The wolves are the large Grey wolves much larger then normal timber wolves. The wolf the larger goblin is riding is almost the size of Grimmor's pony. So far they are unaware of the party.

Rat also identifies a number of good defensive spots, or narrow gulches that the party could use if need be.
Survival check 18+12=30

By the end of the day, there are still no sigh of the goblins (or the stone) BUT the howling of wolves begins as the near full moon rises as the sun is setting. Rat again finds a fairly defensive camp site…

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads