• Grim Tales

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • The Black Company

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other (Please elaborate)

Votes: 4 9.3%

Olive

Explorer
I've only read the Black company book and CoCd20, and I thinkt he BCCS is simply amazing. I ahven't had time to play test it yet, but the rules look excellent. High (ish) magic, but low items, deadly combat. It's got it all...

I picked Darkness & Dread, but only because that's the one I have of the options (although if you'd included CoC d20 or Midnight, I mighta picked one of those.) I'm interested in all of the other options, but cash flow's a bit tight at the moment, and none of those books are cheap.

And, all things considered, things like the next Iron Kingdoms book (at the printers now) are higher priority anyway. I'm not entirely sure I need yet another take on GrimNGritty; I've got many options to pick from already.

Krieg

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
....(although if you'd included CoC d20 or Midnight, I mighta picked one of those.)....

Ah but which one would be your first choice Darkness & Dread, CoC or Midnight? :)

Krieg said:
Ah but which one would be your first choice Darkness & Dread, CoC or Midnight? :)
That's a good question. My current game has a lot of Midnight and CoC rules in it, but if I had had Dark&Dread when I started it, I probably would have used the fear checks and madness rules from that book instead of CoC.

But I've still never seen better GM advice anywhere than in CoC. And I use a ton of monsters and spells out of that game as well. I'd probably really do some kinda hybrid.

Right now, Dar&Dread is high on my list because I just got it in the $5 FFG sale. If I had had it from the beginning, I might prefer a more recent book at the moment. I'm still really keen to pick up Conan and GT.

But like I said, the IK World Guide has to come first. ;)

Remove ads