• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GSL news.

Starman

Adventurer
Jon Wake said:
Unfortunately, this is very bad news for Paizo. Breaking even with Pathfinder just got harder: they stood a good chance when there was the implication that only a tiny handful of publishers would be able to afford the GSL and Pathfinder would be the only game in town for the disgruntled D&D kid. Now there will be a plethora of alternatives takes on D&D (like there are now) and the potential marketshare just dropped through the floor.

I'd put even money on Paizo doing 4E books inside of two years.

I disagree that this is bad news for Paizo. While this announcement is good news, it does not change the fact that there are still people who want to stay with 3.x. This does not change that. I think Paizo will continue to do very well for themselves.

As for Paizo and 4E, I don't recall them ever saying they were not going to do any 4E books, just that they were going to continue supporting the 3.x market with Pathfinder. I bet they do some stuff for 4E just as I also bet that a majority of their support goes to Pathfinder and that they do all right for themselves with it.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Jon Wake said:
I'd put even money on Paizo doing 4E books inside of two years.
I think that's absolutely okay. Heck, I expected it anyways; they'd be clever to do a separate line of 4e products in addition to Pathfinder. Erik et al are smart cookies.

Baumi

Adventurer
THATS GREAT NEWS! :cool:

I already gave up on seeing Adventure and Supplements from Publishers like Necromancer or Goodman Games ... but all my fears were unfunded and it is now even possible to create such creative things like Arcana Evolved, Iron Heroes, C&C, etc. for 4E! :D :D :D

Carnivorous_Bean

First Post
Bravo! Bravo! And bravo again!!!! :D

I'm absolutely thrilled to hear that the third parties and small press publishers aren't going to be cut off from 4th edition/d20 branding. :cool:

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
I had a long post but I instead chose to delete it. Instead I'm just going to ask that interested in saying that Paizo is done for to hold those kinds of comments for another day. Lets all just make this a happy day for Wizards instead of a desire to dance on the 4E disloyalists and ultimately starting another fight.

Let's we just give the Wizards crew a happy pat on the back. Alrighty?

AZRogue

First Post
I am very happy, and very pleased. WotC, thank you for going forward with open gaming. I admit that you had me extremely worried, but this news release, combined with making it free, restores my faith. What was a major hurdle to me has now gone away and I am excited for what the future will bring.

Whoever worked to get this done, thank you! I know we aren't the easiest fans to get along with sometimes, but this sort of thing is much appreciated.

Clark! Adventure path! Now!

Last edited:

HeinorNY

First Post
dmccoy1693 said:
I had a long post but I instead chose to delete it. Instead I'm just going to ask that interested in saying that Paizo is done for to hold those kinds of comments for another day. Lets all just make this a happy day for Wizards instead of a desire to dance on the 4E disloyalists and ultimately starting another fight.

Let's we just give the Wizards crew a happy pat on the back. Alrighty?
Victory dance!
dance.gif

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads