• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GSL Update 6/16/08

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Posted from here

It's late in the day and I have just gotten back to my desk. As I said last week, we had a series of meetings today to review the SRD.

The meetings went well and we accomplished everything what we needed. All the key stakeholders (Brand, R&D, Legal) were present and we came to an agreement on the SRD. Based on the discussions some updates were made to the document and the new files have been passed off to legal for final merging.

If everything lines up tonight we'll have the finished files waiting for us in the morning. Once legal gets the us final files, Brand and R&D will review, then we will lock them and post them to the web. :D

I suspect they'll be posted later in the day tomorrow along with the FAQ and other accompanying documents.

I'll keep you updated here if something changes otherwise we'll post a news update to the D&D main page when it goes live.

Cheers,

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
Very minor question compared to what you've posted, but will whatever comes of this also effect fan sites? I ask only because I saw specific reference to that earlier.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
JoeGKushner said:
Very minor question compared to what you've posted, but will whatever comes of this also effect fan sites? I ask only because I saw specific reference to that earlier.

According to this:
"The GSL will be live upon posting. [...] The new fan site policy, to be made public at a later date, will be posted upon completion."

So I'm guessing we won't know the effect on fan sites until a later date.

Orcus

First Post
Well then, preliminary congratulations are in order :)

I know it has been a long process. I know that you have long been a supporter of third party support for D&D. I wanted to thank you for that.

I cant wait to see the GSL.

Thanks again for understanding the support network that third parties provide for D&D.

Clark

Angellis_ater

First Post
Great to hear! When, more exactly (I'm in Sweden, so I have no idea of what timezone Scott is in) is "today"? Does the workday end in 1 hour or 10?

Jack99

Adventurer
Angellis_ater said:
Great to hear! When, more exactly (I'm in Sweden, so I have no idea of what timezone Scott is in) is "today"? Does the workday end in 1 hour or 10?

I think he is at -9 hours, compared to us (west coast timezone), but I am not sure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads