• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guard your wives and daughters, Gamecats M:tG-->D20 system conversion is here!

gamecat

Explorer
You might notice that one of your favorite cards isn’t here; that’s because either it has already been done for me (fireball); has basically already been done for me and doing it would just be re-naming another spell (incinerate); It is a place or is hard to pull off in mechanics (sylvan library); or, probably, I haven’t converted it yet. E-mailing me scanned cards of new sets makes me really happy, so please do! (this document is a work in process, and as long as Magic: the Gathering will be printed I have work to do!)

Conversion notes: Cards that deal with color I have changed to dealing with schools of magic; (i.e. COP: Red becomes Magic Circle against Evocation) and some cards I have made two or more spells or items because the card is too “big” to use as one item or spell. I have taken the liberty of putting the set (and card name if it is not obvious) near each converted card. If you think my conversions are not done properly or you have any other comments, inane or not, I encourage feedback!

Spells

Abeyance (Weatherlight)
Abjuration
Level: Clr 5; Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting time: 1 action
Range: Close (25 ft. plus 5 ft./ 2 levels)
Duration: 1 round/level
Target: 1 target
Saving Throw: Will negates

This spell suppresses an arcane spellcaster’s magic. While under the influence of this spell, an arcane spellcaster cannot cast spells, or use spell completion or spell trigger items. Note that this is not an antimagic field, so other magic items function normally when wielded by the caster.
Arcane Material Component: a fistful of blue sand, which is blown in the direction of the target.

Abjuration Ward (White Ward; Alpha)
Abjuration
Level: Brd 1; Clr 1; Sor/Wiz 1
Range: Touch
Saving Throw: Yes (Harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (Harmless)

The target of this spell is warded against hostile abjuration spells. The target gains a SR of 5 + caster level (maximum SR 25) against hostile abjurations. All other rules concerning spell resistance apply.
Arcane Material Component: Crushed pearl, sprinkled over the target.

Conujuration Ward (Green Ward; Alpha)
Abjuration

The target of this spell is warded against hostile conjuration spells. The target gains a SR of 5 + caster level (maximum SR 25) against hostile conjurations. All other rules concerning spell resistance apply.
Arcane Material Component: Crushed emerald, which is sprinkled over the target.

Enchantment Ward (Blue Ward; Alpha)
Abjuration

The target of this spell is warded against hostile enchantment spells. The target gains a SR of 5 + caster level (maximum SR 25) against hostile enchantments. All other rules concerning spell resistance apply.
Arcane Material Component: Crushed sapphire, which is sprinkled over the target.

Evocation Ward (Red Ward; Alpha)
Abjuration

The target of this spell is warded against hostile evocation spells. The target gains a SR of 5 + caster level (maximum SR 25) against hostile evocations. All other rules concerning spell resistance apply.
Arcane Material Component: Crushed ruby, which is sprinkled over the target.

Fork (Alpha)
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 4
Components: S
Casting Time: See Description
Range: Personal
Duration: See Description

This spell alters the next spell cast by the spellcaster to be affected by the Twin Spell metamagic feat. This spell is cast as a quickened spell, and the spell to be modified must have a 1 action casting time, so it can be cast in the same round. Another use for the spell is to use it as a counterspell, and fling the twinned spell back at the original caster, though the first one still targets you.

Hammer of Bogardan (Mirage)
Evocation
Level: Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, F
Range: Close (25 ft. plus 5 ft. / 2 levels)
Duration: Instantaneous
Target: One target
Save: Reflex Half

The evoker of this spell creates a heavy sledge sheathed in glowing flames that the caster flings at an enemy. The spell deals 1d8 points of damage per level, half of which is fire damage and half of which is bludgeoning damage.

This spell is special in that it is not entirely erased from the caster’s mind after being evoked. A wizard can trade a previously prepared spell of 4th level or higher for a Hammer of Bogardan spell.

Focus: An ornate war hammer of iron wreathed in gold and bronze, costing 500 gp.

Hijack Summoning (Control Magic; Alpha)
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, F
Casting time: 1 action (see text)
Range: Close (25 ft. plus 5 ft. / 2 levels)
Target: Special
Save: Will Negates (See text)

This spell conquers another caster’s Summon Monster or Summon Nature’s Ally spell. The spell is cast as a counterspell. (so the caster can gain benefit from any counterspell feats)

The summoned creature(s) appear normally, but under the caster’s control.
Focus: a brass lamp.

Illusion Ward (Blue Ward; Alpha)
Abjuration

The target of this spell is warded against hostile illusion spells. The target gains a SR of 5 + caster level (maximum SR 25) against hostile illusions. All other rules concerning spell resistance apply.
Arcane Material Component: Crushed tourmaline, which is sprinkled over the target.

More spells and magic items later (technical difficulties... Sorry!)

saduff

First Post
I think you should think about the level of the spells. The Hammer is very powerful for a first level spell. And the Ward spells seems alittle much for level one as well.

Remove ads