Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (spoilers allowed)

pukunui

Legend
This is up on D+ now. 45 minutes.

As far as Christmas specials go, this one was pretty good. Not as cheesy as I was expecting by any means.

I like that Mantis takes center stage. Pom has a lot of fun with this one. I won’t spoil Mantis’ secret.

It was fun to see the Old 97s as the alien band. (I didn’t realize it was them at first since they are very much in disguise, but I recognised Rhett’s distinctive singing voice straight away.)

I want to know if that was Kevin Bacon’s actual house.

Ryujin

Legend
This is up on D+ now. 45 minutes.

As far as Christmas specials go, this one was pretty good. Not as cheesy as I was expecting by any means.

I like that Mantis takes center stage. Pom has a lot of fun with this one. I won’t spoil Mantis’ secret.

It was fun to see the Old 97s as the alien band. (I didn’t realize it was them at first since they are very much in disguise, but I recognised Rhett’s distinctive singing voice straight away.)

I want to know if that was Kevin Bacon’s actual house.
I was going to look up who the band was. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

The one thing I was hoping for, but didn't get, was a dance-off.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So in the MCU Starlord remembers an actor named Kevin Bacon who is portrayed by a real world actor Kevin Bacon who plays Kevin Bacon as a character in the MCU who is played by real actor Kevin Bacon ?

it was amusing, best Christmas special I’ve seen. I wanted more even if that may have stretched the joke a bit thin

Remove ads