Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (spoilers allowed)

Davies

Legend
Yeah, it looked like they couldn't afford the full CGI, but it also felt kind-of deliberate. Is it possible that it was actually Vin Diesel in costume?
They only list him as the voice of Groot on IMDB, and there's no mention of any cast member playing him physically. Since they had a CGI Rocket in a few scenes ... <shrugs>

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
We watched it last night. My brother-in-law's comment on seeing Knowhere at the end: "I would loved to have been the set designer for that so I could command 'Go to Target and buy out their entire Christmas decoration section!'."

I enjoyed it. Considering the anticedent of the Star Wars Holiday Special, it had just the right amount of camp and ridiculousness. And a touch of pathos. Though it could have used a CGI-reanimated Bea Arthur singing. Or having a dance off.

Richards

Legend
Groot looked like a cosplay costume. 🤣
Yeah, I got the same vibe from him as I did with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles costumes in their live-action movies: on the one hand, I can appreciate that a lot of time and effort was put in building the costumes, but on the other hand I can't not see it's a guy in a costume and it pulls me right out of the zone.

Also, I don't remember Mantis being able to leap really high or stick to walls like Spider-Man - where did that come from?

Johnathan

That was the best dumb thing I've seen in a while. I hope they keep doing these specials. Between this and Werewolf by Night I'm ready for more.

Davies

Legend
That was the best dumb thing I've seen in a while. I hope they keep doing these specials. Between this and Werewolf by Night I'm ready for more.
Unfortunately, both of those two had been announced as being in development for more than a year before they were released, and nothing has yet been announced about the next one, so it's probably going to be at least that long before we get more.

Unfortunately, both of those two had been announced as being in development for more than a year before they were released, and nothing has yet been announced about the next one, so it's probably going to be at least that long before we get more.
Well, that's not what I wanted to hear. Can't have everything I guess.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

there are rumours that the proposed Wonderman, Nova and Okoye (Wakanda) productions will be Special Presentations, there might be a 10-Rings spin off too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases