• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guess the Number of WotC New Setting Submissions!

cbatt

First Post
Hey guys, just thought I'd point out that news of this contest has made it to Slashdot.

Probably a good time to increase the estimate submission totals by about 30%.

I truly pity WoTC staffers.

However, this really is a great day for Dungeons and Dragons marketing. :)

Ghostwind

First Post
I think that given all the attention all over the web that is competition has received, estimates of 40,000+ may not be out of line. Of course, I would be willing to bet that 30,000 are immediately discarded for one reason or another and the remaining 10,000 only sees half that are actually any good. I seriously doubt we will ever know the exact number since that is the last thing Wotc will be worried about.
:)

2WS-Steve

First Post
Thread Ressurection!

AV posted recently in the main thread that they've been well and properly deluged and Bruce Cordell mentioned on Monte's boards that it looks like the pile is going towards 20k+, and I imagine that several submissions are still in the mail ;)

Anyway I'm feeling okay about my 22,222 prediction though it looks like even that number might end up low. My suspicion is that Steve Creech has a good shot at the closest guess!

Yuan-Ti

First Post
On the other hand... my little poll has less than 300 admitted proposals from the ENWorld board posters... That's a lot less than I figured from this group.

Lady Dragon

First Post
The though crossed my mind that the reason some of WoTC's summer products are being moved up a few weeks is because the whole staff is being drafted to help deal with all the submissions that they've recieved and they don't have time to do there regular work.

The real question is how many of them are good original works,At least one guy has admitted to sending 100+copies of the same submission I'm sure a lot of people did that.

2WS-Steve

First Post
That sounds like an excellent way to dilute your idea. Even if WotC didn't notice they were all the same I can still see someone thinking the idea isn't original because he's already seen it 100 times...

Avantgeek

First Post
How many is too many?

Heh. I'll play this game.

I seem to remember from some WotC demographic info that there are 1.5 million people who play D&D once a month (and another 1 million that play some type of RPG at least once a month).

So, given that, and factoring in the other places/people/things that the open call was sent to...
I'm gonna guess that the get 37,923 submissions.

Ace

Adventurer
50,000 or so. Thats a lot i know but every gamer with a setting wants a shot at instant fame and more importantly 120,000

Heck I sent 3 submissions :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads