• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guess the Number of WotC New Setting Submissions!

2WS-Steve

First Post
Anthony Valterra has already expressed concern and I don't think he realizes just how concerned he ought to be!

Monte Cook suggested there might be 5,000 submissions for the WotC setting contest so I thought I'd start a thread where people could put their guesses. Perhaps Morrus will set up a more official place for guesses on the main page.

Anyway, to lead off I'm guessing the number of submissions will be 22,222

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
I'll put it at 10,000

Of which 1,000 will get skimmed.

Of which 100 will get read.

From that the 10 will be chosen.

Reasons for rejection. Bad spelling, bad grammar, and/or plain bad writing. Being boring and predictable. Being outre to the max. Setting of limited appeal and/or limited scope. Setting too broad in scope. Sketchy or overly detailed politics. The same old races. Races that are just too different. A metaplot (well, I'm hoping metaplots are bad things:)). 1 point type reduced to 1% of the original. Death threats. Threats of great bodily harm. Political or religious tracts. Rehashed old settings. (This is what you get with most stream of consciousness writing.:)) Obvious signs you have no idea what you're doing.

Add additional reasons for getting rejected as they come to you. I think I'll turn this into a poll.:p

Berandor

lunatic
Fitting with our hobby's onholiness, I predict the number of entries to be exactly 6,666. However, WotC will change that number to 6,579 in order not to cause suspicion.
Berandor

Oracular Vision

First Post
I think 25,000 is possible, based on what Monte Cook said about all the other places news of the contest has been spread to, there are a LOT of frustrated writer's out there...

2WS-Steve

First Post
I was guessing high because we've got maybe 4000 to 5000 registered members here and typically three times as many guests as members signed on at any time and that's just the ENWorld message boards.

My suspicion is that they'll first run the submissions by interns and various people they scare up and tell them that if they spot one spelling or grammar mistake, or the font is hard to read then toss the submission.

Pigeon

First Post
It all just smacks of a publicity stunt to me. Similar in style as Heresay's repalcement band member (now surely your not telling me that heresay are just a english band? With all that talent how could they not be international!;) )

I just can't see how they could possibly read them all enough to make any sort of judgement.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads