D&D 5E [GUIDE] Arrive on Time - A General Guide to Wizardry

delph

Explorer
No, I mean I have lot things to do. Work, children, wife, playing DnD... :-D Find time to read it whole and think about it isn't easy. That's all. But thank you

delph

Explorer
So I'm in half or so. And there are some really nice ideas. Goblin as wizard? Before you've write his abilities and how use them never belive I vanna play goblin wizard. Or right GFB using on high AC enemie with minions...

jgsugden

Legend
I really think you underestimate the Enchantment Wizard. Hypnotic Gaze is amazingly strong as an 'at-will' lock down. It is effectively a one round stun. Yes, you have to put yourself at risk, but my enchantment wizard used it in almost every combat, sometimes multiple times. At low levels it is off the chart effective when you have so few spell slots.

The 6th level ability is useful, but not overwhelmingly so. The 10th level Twinning is ridiculously good do often. As you note, the 'capstone' ability is a bit late and a bit weak (I'd rather they gave it at 6 and then had a more dramatic high level ability), but just on the merits of an 'at-will' lock down at level 2, it is a contender for the most effective wizard subclass.

Also, Enemies Abound has proven quite often to be ridiculously overpowered. If you have a low intelligence central enemy in a combat, it is often a one spell win for the PCs.

Hohige

Explorer
First of all thank you for an awesome guide and all the effort you've put into it!
I'm not sure if anyone pointed it out before but there are 15 pages of posts so it's hard to check. Regarding the Evocation school. Empowered Evocation RAI/Errata still works with Magic Missile. You only roll once per spell and every missile does that damage making it : [1d4+(1+any applicable bonuses)]*amount of darts for a single target. This was pointed out in a tweet by Crawford:
not accounting for magic items or additional features, assuming +5 INT :

spell slot lvl: dmg range:
1 21-30
3 35-50
5 49-70
and so on

With no save or attack roll I see it as an extremely potent ability even compared to Disintegrate or high spell slot Scorching Ray. What do you think?
It's multiple rolls
Jeremy:
Concentration: "You make a separate saving throw for each source of damage" (PH, 203). Roll for each missile. #DnD

You roll a missale, roll damage. repeat for each missale.
Concentration check for each source of damage, It isn't a single roll.

Unfortunelly, this cheese is over.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases