D&D 5E [GUIDE] For God and Party-A Cleric's guide

So i know this is a couple years old, honestly i was recently recommended to this site for builds and such and ran upon this for the reason of making a Front line Tempest Cleric. but iv had a thought that i figured id ask (For being new, i honestly dont know where to go to post this question so figured why not here), But, my thought and said question about this is for multiclassing, for a frontliner i figured fighter is good but also (Normally iv always played a barbarian/fighter) I thought how would a Cleric/Barbarian be for going Dragonborn/Tempest in the front lines.. My thought (Even though Unarmored Def. is completely useless for a Cleric) 3 lvls in barbarian and rest Cleric. Reason is the unique abilities of the Barbarian.

Rage:
You take half for all dmg other then phyic,
have advantage of Str. Checks and Saves, Which as a frontliner always comes in handy.

Unarmored Def:
As i said this is completely useless i know and with being a cleric you AC will be high already so it dont matter.

Reckless Attack:
You gain advantage to you attacks and with being a frontliner you roll for Str. anyways and Yea when (If) the enemy attacks back they to have an advantage on you but with rage their dmg wont really be much unless they hit a nat 20, but still itll be halved.

Danger Sense:
Basically your have a natural alert, you gain an advantage for sneack attacks as all that stuff, so you wont be taken by surprise which rolls on Dex, and since Tempest runs off Str. and Dex. it kinda fits

Then at lvl 3 is where the biggest part of Tempest and Barbarian comes together.

Primal Path, Storm Herald:
Storm Aura: Sea
When you enter Rage a aura 10 foot range with you at the center with automatic lightning hits, for Dex saves against the enemy for a 1d6, yea sure on its own its nothing, but with in the aura it counts as a free action (Unless your DM considers otherwise for any reason) and Plus Main action, and any possible Extra Action means itll all add up, plus with you as a frontline AoE Rage and Aura helps automatically

So these abilities of the Barbarian is my reason. A Tempest/Storm Herald Frontline Tank/DPS...

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
So i know this is a couple years old, honestly i was recently recommended to this site for builds and such and ran upon this for the reason of making a Front line Tempest Cleric. but iv had a thought that i figured id ask (For being new, i honestly dont know where to go to post this question so figured why not here), But, my thought and said question about this is for multiclassing, for a frontliner i figured fighter is good but also (Normally iv always played a barbarian/fighter) I thought how would a Cleric/Barbarian be for going Dragonborn/Tempest in the front lines.. My thought (Even though Unarmored Def. is completely useless for a Cleric) 3 lvls in barbarian and rest Cleric. Reason is the unique abilities of the Barbarian.

Rage:
You take half for all dmg other then phyic,
have advantage of Str. Checks and Saves, Which as a frontliner always comes in handy.

Unarmored Def:
As i said this is completely useless i know and with being a cleric you AC will be high already so it dont matter.

Reckless Attack:
You gain advantage to you attacks and with being a frontliner you roll for Str. anyways and Yea when (If) the enemy attacks back they to have an advantage on you but with rage their dmg wont really be much unless they hit a nat 20, but still itll be halved.

Danger Sense:
Basically your have a natural alert, you gain an advantage for sneack attacks as all that stuff, so you wont be taken by surprise which rolls on Dex, and since Tempest runs off Str. and Dex. it kinda fits

Then at lvl 3 is where the biggest part of Tempest and Barbarian comes together.

When you enter Rage a aura 10 foot range with you at the center with automatic lightning hits, for Dex saves against the enemy for a 1d6, yea sure on its own its nothing, but with in the aura it counts as a free action (Unless your DM considers otherwise for any reason) and Plus Main action, and any possible Extra Action means itll all add up, plus with you as a frontline AoE Rage and Aura helps automatically

So these abilities of the Barbarian is my reason. A Tempest/Storm Herald Frontline Tank/DPS...

You can't use spells while raging.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
So i know this is a couple years old, honestly i was recently recommended to this site for builds and such

This sticky has links to a lot fo different guides for each class: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...p-D-Class-Build-Guides-Wiki-Thread-the-Second

This particular one was saved when the Wizards of the Coast forums closed, and the owner never claimed it to update. So you might find more recent and more updated advice in other guides.

making a Front line Tempest Cleric. but iv had a thought that i figured id ask (For being new, i honestly dont know where to go to post this question so figured why not here), But, my thought and said question about this is for multiclassing, for a frontliner i figured fighter is good but also (Normally iv always played a barbarian/fighter) I thought how would a Cleric/Barbarian be for going Dragonborn/Tempest in the front lines.. My thought (Even though Unarmored Def. is completely useless for a Cleric) 3 lvls in barbarian and rest Cleric. Reason is the unique abilities of the Barbarian.

[trimmed for space]
Rage: ...
Unarmored Def: ...
Reckless Attack: ...
Danger Sense: ...

Since raging stops casting and concentration, you end up as acting as someone who's a caster several levels behind with decent melee, or while raging a barbarian who several levels behind. You don't get as much synergy as if you could combine at the same time.

Reckless attack with only one attack is not as big a bonus, especially when it comes with granting advantage and often not having up Rage's resistance.

Storm Herald seems pretty cool for any front liner, and you can't argue with Danger Sense. They'll work just fine with a cleric/barbarian, though at the opportunity cost of less casting levels.

You've got a thematic build there, but mechanically it doesn't bring as much as it feels it should.

Ah ok ok, thanks guys, normally always play a barbarian so never had to deal with spells and such, and so honestly, never knew rages stops spells so i feel dumb on that part lmao, but other wise yea i understand and thanks guys for explaining :D

Remove ads