D&D 5E [GUIDE] I Fought the Law and Won: The Rogue Guide

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Just adding a note: a Halfling Arcane Trickster with Sword Burst is a living hand grenade. Rip up groups of enemies from the inside, or make your friends a way out of a crowd.
(Fair Warning: you may run out of movement just on the far side of the mob and receive some unhappy attention.)

All in all, for this race/subclass combination the cantrip should get one better rating, from Purple to Black.

Last edited:

Flicker the Flareon

Champion of Alola
I'm playing an Arcane Trickster (lvl 9) using my DM's homebrew kitsune race (basically reskinned Tabaxi with bonus spells as you level) in an Eastern-style world. I just love how our wizard (witch actually..?)'s Invisibility makes my Trickster work great in our heists. Want a rad mount? Find a displacer beast. It's a panther-like creature that often has an extra set of legs, and with a pack of WOW traits for a CR 3 creature. It can turn invisible and appear to be somewhere else, but only one bad thing: it's lawful evil.

Because of this setback, you'll need to either keep one charmed, or use the "Bigby method".

The Bigby Method is called this because it's how Mordenkainen turned Bigby from an annoying mini-villain to an apprentice. You need to keep the target charmed and be nice to it, then try to make it learn. Once it's safe, release the target and it will hopefully be friendly.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases