D&D 5E [GUIDE] Inquisitor Lim's Bladesinger and Wizard Guide: Xanathar's Edition

McLeish Martin

First Post
I'm a bit confused by your analysis of mage armor-

Mage Armor – Sweet spell that's good until the last drop. If your game doesn't have magical items, it'll be better than anything you find. If your game does have magical items, it'll stack with Bracers of Defense and be as good as Studded Leather +3. You can also use it on your friends if you're feeling altruistic.

Studded leather is 12 and mage armor is 13. So studded leather +1 is the same, not plus +3??? More generally, it also takes a spell slot or at least the time of a cheese short rest. Seems like it's blue at best to me... At least after level 1 when you can wear light armor.

FullCaster

First Post
I'm a bit confused by your analysis of mage armor-

Mage Armor – Sweet spell that's good until the last drop. If your game doesn't have magical items, it'll be better than anything you find. If your game does have magical items, it'll stack with Bracers of Defense and be as good as Studded Leather +3. You can also use it on your friends if you're feeling altruistic.

Studded leather is 12 and mage armor is 13. So studded leather +1 is the same, not plus +3??? More generally, it also takes a spell slot or at least the time of a cheese short rest. Seems like it's blue at best to me... At least after level 1 when you can wear light armor.

You skipped the part where he said it stacks with bracers of defense. Bracers of Defense + Mage Armour= +3 Studded Leather.

Patryn13

First Post
Any chance you'd upload your character sheets for the various Bladesingers you've played/are playing? Would love to see how you've put all of this knowledge into practice!

Remove ads