Guilty Pleasures

Larcen

Explorer
I just thought of another movie that others don't seem to enjoy as much as I do. Conan the Destroyer. Yep. Call me crazy, but I liked it better than the first movie, which I thought was too dark and no fun at all.

This movie gets pretty close to an honest to goodness D&D storyline and adventuring party than I could have hoped for. The music and action were great too!

BTW, I also vote for Rachel Ray. CUTEY. :D

tetsujin28

First Post
Yeah, but Tank Girl has Naomi Watts.

I can't believe I forgot this: Charmed. I am a total Charmed addict. It's incredibly embarrasing, but I don't care. I'm in the UK this year, and I'm suffering from serious Rose McGowan deprivation.

Elemental

Explorer
Kesh said:
I picked up the SuperBit edition, so I'm not sure there is a commentary track. :(

*checks*

Nope. :(

Try and find the DVD with the commentary, if you can--it's well worth it. For example, in that scene in the shower near the beginning, the director's talking about how they did the colouring for the flashbacks, and Milla interrupts with:

"Can I just say, nobody cares about that. They just got to see my nipple! That's commitment."

"If you were really committed, we'd have seen both of them."

or the tangent about Resident Evil: The Musical, when they're all trapped on the pipes in the tunnels below the complex, with the zillions of zombies below. "Nooooo! You must leave!"

I can't do it justice, really. They're essentially MST3King their own film.

Alcareru

First Post
I dont know if these count as bad, but i always watch Mr. Baseball when its on Tv. Its a mostly forgettable movie, but I find it entertaining, since its set in Japan I guess.

Another would be Millers Crossing. Everyone I know hates this movie, but i love the 30's ish dialouge and plot, as well as the cast.

Reprisal

First Post
Another would be Millers Crossing. Everyone I know hates this movie, but i love the 30's ish dialouge and plot, as well as the cast.

Wow, really? Everything that movie set out to do, it did. I figure that was a fairly cheap movie to make, but I'm not sure that it was necessarily successful (too far back for me to find out). I liked it, but it seems that I'm one of the only people to ever see it in my circle.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Don't feel guilty about loving Miller's Crossing. It's one of the great films of all time. Rates 93% FRESH on Rotten Tomatoes, so you're certainly not alone in your love.

Alcareru

First Post
Reprisal said:
Wow, really? Everything that movie set out to do, it did. I figure that was a fairly cheap movie to make, but I'm not sure that it was necessarily successful (too far back for me to find out). I liked it, but it seems that I'm one of the only people to ever see it in my circle.

I dont understand it either. It is a little quirky and is a little slow paced at first. And the Depression era jargon just grates on some people I guess. But Albert Finney is great in that film.

Remove ads