• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guns, Germs, and Steel . . . and then a few more GUNS!!!

Jeph

Explorer
Actually, this is just an excuse to promote a free .pdf by a guy I don't even know, but that's not the point. http://www.sleepingimperium.rpghost.com/d20downloads.htm Go there or die!!! Actually, it would be more appropriate to say, Go there and download the guns rules or DIE!!!!!!

Right, now my excuse for posting this:

Does anyone else out there run a semi-dark campaign setting where people shoot each other?
Or maybe I should say, Do people in your campaigns shoot each other, with GUNS?
If so, what rules do you use?
If they are not the ones in the above website, I suggest going there, because they are awesome-y.

Guns really changed the feel of my campaign. Even though i skipped the guns stage and went strait to plasma blasters, it really changes everything. makes ocmbat more lethal, and then everything associated with that: More diplomacy, more plotting, planning, and advanced preperation . . . All positive changes, IMHO.

So, whats your HO? (by that I mean Humble Opinion, in case you were having trouble)

Ace

Adventurer
I am not interested in going gun crazy in my game but I lve those rules. I am using art of them in a D20 varient I am creating.

Great stuff

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Ace said:
I am not interested in going gun crazy in my game but I lve those rules. I am using art of them in a D20 varient I am creating.

Great stuff

::polishes his NRA membership card::

rules for guns!! more the better!!!

Jeph

Explorer
Kool! I am also using them in a d20 varient. . .

something as Feng-Shui-ish as I can get without actually having seen the Feng-Shui rulebook. I think. Maybe i'd be more shure if I had the Feng 'shui rulebook--AAAAAAAK!

To bad it's not in any of my local gaming stores.

(Voice) Use the Amazon, Jeph! Use the Amazon!
(Jeph) Oh, yeah, that. *Jeph is currently at Amazon.com He will return shortly*

Green Knight

First Post
"Guns don't kill. I do!" - McBain

Thanks for the link. I've downloaded it and am reading it, now. Looking to play a Ravenloft campaign, soon, and am thinking of playing a Paladin with firearms. However, I just can't wrap my head around wasting a feat to use a weapon which mechanics-wise is inferior to the bow. I got a Str 17, so once I reach 4th level it'll become 18. So right there, should I get a Mighty Longbow, I'll have a weapon that does 1d8+4 damage. That's BETTER than a musket, which does 1d12. Then there's the rate of fire. Wouldn't be so bad if D&D guns penetrated armor or there were feats like Rapid Reload from Sword & Fist which sped up the reload time. But as it is, my role-player half is having a really hard time justifying the feat expenditure to my power-gamer half. :p

Green Knight

First Post
What was that about dwarves and guns?

39513_DwarfDual_xlg.jpg

Kilmore

First Post
I have guns in my campaign, but my characters KNOW that they are dangerous. Especially if they fire those Zany Bullets.

Basically, they found an old wizard's tower that had a huge mana lode sealed off by a ton of lead. The mana melted the lead and enchanted it. When discovered by the players... "Let's make bullets!"

Heh, heh... I knew they'd do that.

:D

Remove ads