D&D 5E [+] Gunslinger Rogue

Stormonu

Legend
Do you think that needs to be that limited? IMO if it’s a bonus action and has to be spent when rolling initiative, why not “you can spend 1 focus to ready an attack as a bonus action when you roll initiative.”
Well, if you ready the attack, wouldn’t it go off on your normal init? The original wording sets it at init 20 - even if you actually get a higher roll or lower.

And it’s spending a resource to go really fast, and only that opening round.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Well, if you ready the attack, wouldn’t it go off on your normal init? The original wording sets it at init 20 - even if you actually get a higher roll.
Easy enough to include an exception.
And it’s spending a resource to go really fast, and only that opening round.
Sure, I just don’t really see why the delay equals speed, I guess. It feels more…careful and tactical, to me.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
??? Initiative counts down, not up. 20 should be before most folks go - unless I’ve been doing initiative wrong for several years now.
Well I wondered, because I’ve seen it done both ways. (Ie, initiative 20 is either “goes when a character that rolled 20 would go” or “20th in the initiative order” which is used to simply put something at the end of the round)

If you mean “initiative check 20”, why not just as a reaction when you roll initiative?

Stormonu

Legend
Well I wondered, because I’ve seen it done both ways. (Ie, initiative 20 is either “goes when a character that rolled 20 would go” or “20th in the initiative order” which is used to simply put something at the end of the round)

If you mean “initiative check 20”, why not just as a reaction when you roll initiative?
That would work as well.

Remove ads