• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GURPS] Cthulhupunk

The_Dood

First Post
I'm thinking about starting a military/horror space campaign and during my research came across the term 'tainted cyberware' in a GURPS Cthulhupunk review. Can anybody describe what exactly this is and give me any indication of the difficulty or value of converting cthulhupunk into a space campaign.

uv23

First Post
I have no answers for you but combining hard gritty scifi with cthulhu-esque horror would be wild. Three thumbs up. :)

The Cardinal

First Post
well, I don't have my copy at hand right now but...
"tainted" cyberware is just stuff that is somehow linked to the Mythos: for example, there's a "R'lyeh Chip" (for those with a neural interface) on the black market that will transform the VR environment of the net into a surreal underwater landscape - complete with mysterious ancient ruins etc. However, some users are rumored to have simply vanished after using this chip...

I have run a *very* successful GURPS Cthulhupunk campaign for about 3.5 years - and all I can say is: go for it!

(unless, of course, you are ready for the next level: then get yourself Transhuman Space - and start a "Transyuggothian Space" campaign...)

Last edited:

Remove ads