Half Fiend Frost Giant ???

Rashak Mani

First Post
Todays NPC villain is a half fiend Frost Giant... Frost Giants are cold subtype (double damage failed save)... Half fiends have Resist Fire 20.

If he is fireballed do I take 20 out first and then make save and double damage ? Or do I fail save doubling result and then subtract 20 ? What comes "first" cold subtype or Fire Resistance ?

Sounds kind of silly a cold subtype Half Fiend... should I disregard the cold subtype ?

Axiomatic Unicorn

First Post
Gfunk is correct. Save first, then subtract resistance.

Though I would encourage you to consider tweaking the template if you want. The half-fiend template is a good default, but don't hesitate to make up your own versions.

In this case you could drop the fire resistance and add +1d6 cold damage to all melee attacks, or whatever. Figure out what kind of fiend mated with a frost giant and then decide what template that would be.

milo

First Post
Cancel out the fire resisance and the double damage from fire. I don't like typing or I might go into more depth.

gamecat

Explorer
I read something about a creature similar to this in MotP. (the shadow guardian, look in the alternate cosmologies chapter, under doppel cosmologies.)

Remove ads