Half-Ogres

Lord Ben

First Post
I don't have the books handy but I'm trying to create a half-ogre.

+6 str, -2 dex, +2 con, -2 int, -2 cha is that right? +2 natural armor? Or is it +4 natural armor? Size large?

Lord Ben

First Post
Why are all the characters I played in 3.0 nerfed in 3.5? Am I that much of a min-maxer? :) Hobgoblin archers and Ogre Barbarians got the SHAFT!

reveal

Adventurer
Lord Ben said:
Why are all the characters I played in 3.0 nerfed in 3.5? Am I that much of a min-maxer? :) Hobgoblin archers and Ogre Barbarians got the SHAFT!

The Half-Ogre in Savage Species was horribly broken as EL +1 only races. I had a player use one and I played one in someone elses campaign. The Races of Destiny EL +2 is more reflective of how powerful the Half-Ogre actually is.

satori01

First Post
Rich Redman, the designer whom created the stats for the Half-Ogre in Savage Species, basically came out awhile back on the wizards boards and said "I dont know what I was smoking when I came up with that".

MoonZar

Explorer
Lord Ben said:
I don't have the books handy but I'm trying to create a half-ogre.

+6 str, -2 dex, +2 con, -2 int, -2 cha is that right? +2 natural armor? Or is it +4 natural armor? Size large?

The half-ogre is officialy published in Race of Destiny (3.5)

Cam Banks

Adventurer
MoonZar said:
The half-ogre is officialy published in Race of Destiny (3.5)

There's another official half-ogre for 3.5 in the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, though it may not be the same half-ogre.

Cheers,
Cam

Remove ads