Level Up (A5E) Handbook of Heritages: Now Available for Sale!

Very interested in this!
Question: how compatible is this material with Homebrew and hacking: Crafting Heritages and Cultures?
did some math for the centaur...not even a little lol. the first 2 gifts were about 12 points, the last was about 13, and the optional gift the DM can give alongside a regular heritage gift is another approximately 9 points (there's a lot of guessing here because several abilities faolyn gives don't exist in ch&c, which makes sense). surprisingly enough the base centaur is exactly 6 points though. did not hold with the colossus. that was about 12.

obviously none of this is a criticism of faolyn since being compatible with ch&c clearly wasn't the intent, i just got bored

TheHand

Adventurer
...obviously none of this is a criticism of faolyn since being compatible with ch&c clearly wasn't the intent, i just got bored
Most of these heritages were created, posted, and tweaked on these boards back when LevelUp was still in playtest phase, so long before PJ's point-buy toolkit was made available. I imagine the Heritage Handbook was deep in the editing proof-reading stages by that point.

If boredom strikes again, you could conceivably find ways to adjust the abilities to line up better with CH&C's system for any heritages/cultures you wanted to try at your table. :)

Faolyn

(she/her)
Most of these heritages were created, posted, and tweaked on these boards back when LevelUp was still in playtest phase, so long before PJ's point-buy toolkit was made available. I imagine the Heritage Handbook was deep in the editing proof-reading stages by that point.
Yeah, CH&C came out when I had finished all the writing and art and was just in the editing, proofreading, and arguing with my mother over semicolons stage.

Remove ads