Happy Bishop Games seeks translators

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Email: wjmacguffin@gmail.com

HAPPY BISHOP GAMES SEEKS TRANSLATORS
Will license games for translation and sales for non-English markets

Aurora, IL – June 12, 2012: Happy Bishop Games, a small press game company and publisher of Outlive Outdead and Triune, is seeking individuals who are fluent in English and another language to help translate its games into non-English languages.

“There are many gamers in the world who do not read English,” said WJ MacGuffin, founder of Happy Bishop Games. “We want to expand our product lines to reach as many people as possible. That means translating our games into Spanish, French, Chinese, and more. Unfortunately, no one here speaks anything other than English, so we are turning to others for help.”

However, Happy Bishop Games will follow an unconventional approach to translating its products. Instead of hiring individuals as freelancers, the company will license the translated edition to the translator, allowing him or her to sell the game and earn the profits directly.

“You translate the game into your language and send the text to us. We place it in the layout and give it back to you. Then you have a license to print and sell the game exclusively in that language. We ask for 30% of profits for the first three months only. After that, all profits go to you.”

Happy Bishop Games currently has three products: Triune, Personality Chess, and Outlive Outdead. All three are available for translation.

Anyone interested in working on translating these games should contact MacGuffin directly at wjmacguffin@gmail.com, as should anyone with questions or comments concerning this plan.

# # #

If you would like more information about this subject, or to schedule an interview with WJ MacGuffin, please contact MacGuffin by email at wjmacguffin@gmail.com. Interviews can be conducted by Skype, chat, phone, or in person.

Dioltach

Legend
Good luck with that. Professional translations will cost you anywhere between 10 and 25 cents (US) per word. Also bear in mind that a professional translator does around 250-350 words per hour: translating any RPG book will be a long-term undertaking.

kitsune9

Adventurer
My wife is native Mandarin Chinese and completely fluent in English (graduated with top honors in Beijing Foreign Studies University). I think she can do it for Chinese, but she's pregnant now, so I'm not so sure of her schedule. I've seen some Chinese language games every time I visit China (WoW, D&D 4th, Carcossone, etc.).

Remove ads