Happy Fourth Of July!!!!

chatdemon

First Post
Without getting into specifics and drudging up everyone's emotions on what's suppsoeed to be a happy day, let me also ask everyone to take a moment out of their BBQ and fireworks and whatnot to remember everyone our country lost in the last year, and raise a toast or light off a sparkler in their honor.

And if you get a chance, PBS usually broadcasts live from DC on July 4th, awesome fireworks and musical acts if you dont have any locally, or if you're looking for a way to wind down after the partying. Don't know about yall, but seeing all the different people in DC waving little flags and singing together stirs up all those patriotic feelings deep down inside me, it's well worth watching.

First Post
Happy Fourth!

I will be watching the DC fireworks live, from the Iwo Jima memorial.

Everyone, have a happy, and SAFE, Fourth of July.

Alan

Zhure

First Post
"In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join other from around the world, and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyrrany, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.
And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday but as the day when the world declared in one voice: 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!'"

- Bill Pullman, Independence Day

*sniffs shirt* ahhh... the sweet smell of gunpowder.

Fireworks are lots of fun, but always remember to have a hose ready, and never play while intoxicated! *cheesey smile with thumb up*

As Apu on the Simpsons said (this is only a rough approximation... lol) "What better way to celebrate a country's independence than to blow up large chunks with explosives."

Happy fourth, though it's a bit late...:D

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Not such a great 4th of July

Unfortnately an Egyptian gunman opened fire on people within Los Angeles International Airport, less than a mile from my home, today. He killed at least two people before being shot himself by the El Al guards (Israeli airline). Not such a great 4th of July around here...

Luckily, my friend knew of a place where we could go and watch THREE different firework celebrations. Admittedly, it might have been nicer if we had joined the celebrations in the downtown area, but those were crowded. It was nice just sitting with a friend, freezing to death (didn't think to bring a jacket, silly me :) ), watching fireworks going off, listening to the whine of firetrucks rushing off to put out flames from people improperly using fireworks, and so on....

Remove ads