• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Never watched Solid State Society. I read the back of the box then thought "Isn't this a retread?" then never bought it.

I watched the movie a long time ago. I really don't remember all that much about it, but I'm pretty sure it was not just a retread of stuff from before. There IS a different movie that is exactly that, but it's not Solid State Society.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Retread as in they took a bunch of ideas and plot elements from the various episodes, and manga (*cough* Puppeteer *cough*) and created a new OAV from it.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Retread as in they took a bunch of ideas and plot elements from the various episodes, and manga (*cough* Puppeteer *cough*) and created a new OAV from it.

Ah.

Although personally, as excited as I was for each movie when it came out, I don't actually own any of them. I do own both series though.

Dog Moon

Adventurer

Ah.

Although personally, as excited as I was for each movie when it came out, I don't actually own any of them. I do own both series though.

Movie 1,2,or 3 or Season 1 or Season 2? :)

I've actually been thinking about watching the series again, actually.

The original.

Considering buying 2

I didn't know there was a 3

and until I poked around on Amazon i didn't know there was a series.

What can you tell me of 2,3 and the series?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Solid State Society is a sequel to the two series, not the two movies. The two movies are basically in a separate continuity from the two series + SSS.

I liked them all.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I REALLY liked the two series. I would definitely recommend getting them. I honestly don't remember much about the movies to give a recommendation either way. It's been a while since I've seen them, but I sorta remember them as being okay, but not as good as the shows.

In my order starting with best: season 1, season 2, movies. :)

Remove ads