Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I started hearing this bong sound. I had no idea where it was coming from. I also heard a voice but couldn't make out what it was saying. I thought it was outside so I went out. Nada. I came back in and continued to hear the bong. Then I noticed my tablet light up and heard the bong. And again, and again. The tablet was plugged in recharging right next to me. I didn't associate the sound with it. As for the voice, it must have been in my head. I never heard it again.

Edit: The sound appears to be due to an issue with the charging cable or something. An uneven amp flow. From what I've read it's not a serious problem.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have had similar experiences with charging cables. It might not be anything more than a bit of lint or dirt in the jack, or possibly a worn cable/loose plug.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Something funny before something sad.

Funny: I tried to put a mint in my mouth with my mask on. It hit the mask and fell back in my hand.

Sad: One of my great uncles is in the hospital in Maryland. Looks like he's not going to make it. I'm not sure what the problem is, the Facebook post I was shown indicates a number of issues with his organs.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
And I found that out after getting a text from my ex. She asked a favor of me, a friend's boyfriend hit her. The favor was to go over to her place and "take out the trash" (my words). They wanted him out of the house. He would go but he needed a ride. I had to go pick him up and take him where he was going. Thankfully he went willingly.

I barely got any sleep today. I had only been asleep a couple of hours when she texted. When I got home it took awhile to get back to sleep. I didn't sleep well. I had to then get up and invoice my stores. I'm bloody tired right now.

This has been a stressful day.

Mad_Jack

Legend
This has been a stressful day.

I've always found it helps to remind myself that a stressful day and some lost sleep isn't that bad a price to pay considering how the day could have gone. There was a time in my younger days where I quite regularly ended up getting a panicked middle-of-the-night call and had to go charging off to kick in a door and engage in some baseball bat diplomacy in defense of friends, then show up for work the next day...

View attachment 127350

I'm speechless. She's stunningly beautiful and this is all sorts of awesome.

Yeah... I'm pretty sure that's the coolest thing I've seen in weeks.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I get that. Things could have been much worse.

I saw the guy at work one night. I really try not to judge people based on looks. Yet I found myself judging him as a tough guy wannabe. My friend referred to him as the a$$hole boyfriend. When I saw him I thought that's what he looks like. I hate that my judgment turned out to be right.

A somewhat funny thing. He gets in my car then says his stuff is still in the house. Said he didn't know what they wanted him to do with it. I said [blank] isn't going to want you coming back to her house. You better go get your stuff. Dumasse should have come out with his stuff.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I had to go pick him up and take him where he was going. Thankfully he went willingly.
Good on ya for being one of the cooler heads in this. Truly commendable that you agreed to help, then did so, even when your primal instincts are calling for...harsher action.
👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
At the gas station was a tiny cat. He let me get so close then he'd move away. He was social distancing. LOL I went inside and asked if they had an old hotdog or something to feed him. Apparently they were aware of the cat. The guy handed my a can of cat food. I got to feed the kitty. 😁

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
So Gal Gadot is going to play Cleopatra. Some are arguing that an Arab or black woman should play Cleopatra. One even as far as to refer to Gal as bland looking. Bland? As a Miss Isreal winner and a contestant for Miss Universe, I wouldn't call her bland looking. But the thing is Cleopatra was Greek. So why no complaints about a Greek actress not being picked? I know of a very beautiful Greek actress that would fit the bill.

She's also British so she has the required British accent to play any non British royal. But I think Gal Gadot is an excellent choice.

Mad_Jack

Legend
This is cool...

Machu Pichu has been closed to tourists since March. They weren't planning to reopen it for at least another month. There's a Japanese guy who had traveled there just to see it, but they closed it like a day or two before he arrived. After seven months of waiting, he was finally going home since he was running out of money.
The government of Peru reopened Machu Pichu just for this one guy.
There was nobody there except him, the site administrator and a couple of photographers.
That's awesome.

Remove ads