Happy Then Sad - Dungeon Dice in the original box

Snot Snottington

First Post
Dungeon Dice. I so loved this game. My best friend has a copy and we used to play fairly often. Lately, as I've taken on a second job, we have gotten out of it. He now plays at a gaming store I don't really care for, usually something like Lords of Waterdeep, which I totally suck at.

Anyway, I was at a huge community Garage Sale last weekend and came across a copy of Dungeon Dice in the original box. Even had all the cards and all the dice. I was super excited. Then I asked about the price, knowing it was not marked. I see them for 15 to 20 on eBay fairly often so expected around the same. Heck no.

$80

Eighty-bloody-dollars? In pristine shape maybe. But with the corners taped together...nuh-uh. I was so saddened i had to walk away. Talked to my girlfriend about it, she has heard me talk about the game and wants to play. She was sad, too.

But she then took me to Sonic for a snack and a Route 44 Dr. Pepper. So that helped. :)

DM Howard

Explorer
$80? People are crazy. People also expect to get way too much money for their stuff at garage sales. I price things correctly and I tend to have nothing left when I am done. Mission accomplished!

Nice on the Dr. Pepper! ;)

Snot Snottington

First Post
Agreed. We have a local event called Gamers Xchange, mostly video game oriented, some anime stuff. Lots of crafters like me. It's amazing to see the stuff they sell at totally dumb prices. I agonize over every price point. I want to get decent money for the time and materials put into things, but I don't expect to send my great-grand-children to college with the proceeds. It's crazy. I did find out my Nobunaga's Ambition II for NES, at the store that hosts the GXC event, they sell it for 88 dollars no box no manual. With the manual, they sell it for just short of 100 bucks. Found that out while getting a 6 dollar battery replacement done.

Insane.

Remove ads