• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hard time finding things wondering if you all can help?

NEXxREX

First Post
i remember reading an alternate class feature somewhere that allowed clerics to take the devotion feats rather then have acess to the domains, does anyone know if i just dont remember properly or where this would be located?

and another question i had is if im playing a race or class(scout) that gives me more then 30 foot move does light armor still limit my movement to 30 feet?

and does anyone know of any way besides increasing the DC for craft checks to speed up crafting, i know there is items and forges but the ones in races of stone are dwarf specific. are there any that can be used by normal humans? (still going toask DM if i can get the bonus but id like to have a backup)

thx in advance for anyone who responds

-NEX

Greenfield

Adventurer
Crafting progress is measured by multiplying the Craft DC by the actual Skill check rolled. The result is the progress, in Silver Pieces, you made in a week, or the progress, in Copper pieces, you made in a day.

So you have three variables: The Target DC, the skill check, and the time frame.

If you aren't changing the Target DC, and the time frame is already maxed, the only thing left, mechanically, is the actual skill check rolled. More is better.

There are feats to speed up magical crafting, but that's specific to the creation of magic items.

Special tools can be invented, with DM approval, to boost the skill check, or to directly speed the time, but that's about it that I know of.

Ranger19k

Explorer
i remember reading an alternate class feature somewhere that allowed clerics to take the devotion feats rather then have acess to the domains, does anyone know if i just dont remember properly or where this would be located?

What you are looking for is not an ACF but rather the actual description of domain feats in Complete Champion pg 53. It explains how clerics can trade access to a domain for the associated domain devotion. See below:

Clerics and Domain Feats: If you are a cleric (or any other character class who gains access to a domain), you can choose any domain feat corresponding to the list of domains offered by your deity, even if you do not have access to those particular domains. A cleric of Pelor, for example, can choose to cast spells from the Good and Healing domains but select the Strength Devotion and Sun Devotion feats.
In addition, you can choose to give up access to a domain in exchange for the corresponding domain feat. Doing so allows you to select up to three domain feats, but you cannot prepare domain spells or use the granted power of the sacrificed domain. In essence, you trade in a domain for an extra feat slot that you can spend only on a specific domain feat. For example, the above cleric of Pelor could choose to give up the granted power and spells of the Good domain for the Good Devotion feat.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
If your DM is willing to handwave away the racial requirement of being a Gnome, or if you happen to be a Gnome, the Maester PrC from Complete Adventurer has a first level ability that halves the time of crafting anything. It's a great single level dip, or all 5 levels are handy for a crafting-focused character.

While the Races of Stone forges can only be created by Dwarves according the RAW, they can technically be used by anyone.

EDIT: Re-reading the forges info I'm noticing that it does say that the bonus it grants is also for Dwarves, my mistake. I'd used one before with a character who used the Forge in conjunction with a UMD check to bean the DC 25 needed to Emulate a Race. Sorry for the wrong information.

Last edited:

NEXxREX

First Post
ok, i found a solution fir the crafting. races of stone forge of sustenance will do, its only for dwarves but for an insanly extra cost hell adapt it to humans.

the speed thing i found so /resolved.

as for the devotion feats yes i found it and yes it explains alot ...im dumb. but i had a question about how the sacrificing of domains keys into the devotion feats. so can you select a devotion feat that doesnt clash with your gods theme but isnt one of your gods domains. are you limited to casting from one domain if you want 3 devotion feats?

basically are you limited to only the domains that your god has?

edited: my wording was messed up i fixed it

Last edited:

Remove ads