D&D 5E Hard world healer

delph

Explorer
Hi everyone,
we started a new campaign where we have some difficulties:
  • short rest is 6 hours sleeping with 2 hours resting (like keeping watch, prepare food,...)
  • long rest is 5 day resting
  • death points - we've got 4 death saves, and when you get to 0, you can choose if you stay standing and fall on end of your next turn with one fail (but you can be healed before then), or fall down with one success. And here is a new thing - death points. When you are healed or anything you've got death point which is counted as one death save fail. So you can be "killed" and healed more than 3 times.
  • 6th lvl is maximum.
-

I've choose Human Grave Cleric with magic initiate feat (again cleric spells). Because:
  • I have one more 1st spell slot, 1 spell, 2 cantrips
  • one more cantrip - spare the dying and bonus casting and 30 ft range now.
  • 3 3th slots / 3 2nd slots / 5 1st slots (thanks to MI feat) for weak or so.

But 2 hours before start I've got new thoughts:
Human Divine sorcerer 3/ Celestial Warlock 3
  • 4 d6 of healing dices from CW without spending slots
  • metamagic (twined healing, ...)
2 2nd slots / 4 1st slots + 2 2nd slots for every day! By tenday in a jungle it could be 20 2nd slots...
  • loosing 3rd level spells, but healings, buffs and debuffs are on 1st and 2nd. (and we have wizard for 3 lvl spells)
  • pact of book give me ritual spells and some other cantrips
  • agonizing blast + hex made me countable dmg dealer with small resources (short rest slots I can use it every day), for long time battles,...
  • loosing some captstone on 6th lvl (but don't know how)
  • Feat? I'm thinking about spellsniper - 2 attack cantrips (allow me choose another cantrips from classes), longer range (needn't distant spell metamagic), Open word wit trees and bushes give mi use for longer range and ignoring half a 3/4 covers often.

Your ideas and chooses? Cleric can still die...

BacchusNL

Explorer
I'm always a fan of Life Cleric 1 + Shephard Druid 5 for healer build. Although your strongest healing is out of combat with goodberry and healing spirit you can still do solid AoE heals with Unicorn Totem, Temp HP with Bear Totem while still doing great damage with Conjure Animals and Faerie Fire.

Remove ads