• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anyone cancelled their D&D Beyond subscription as a protests over the OGL?

dave2008

Legend
I am undecided. If they continue with the OGL 1.1 I will, but it was a non-paying subscription so...

I also need to download all the content I have on the platform first!

fjw70

Adventurer
For me, my sub is paid until June (annual plan). We should know more about the OGL by then. Until this gets sorted out I won’t be buying more content but I don’t think there was anything I was super excited about in the near future anyway.

For me, my sub is paid until June (annual plan). We should know more about the OGL by then. Until this gets sorted out I won’t be buying more content but I don’t think there was anything I was super excited about in the near future anyway.
Mine is also a long one (may I think?) which honestly makes it easier to cancel, because nothing will actually happen for months. But they do get the cancellation feedback right now.

I can see people on a month-to-month subscription not cancelling because they're still playing 5E and their group might lose content and so on.

But if you've got a longer subscription, why not cancel it and say OGL 1.1 as the reason? Literally the worst that can happen is you might forget to re-sub, and just had to re-sub in a few months lol.

Mallus

Legend
I don’t have a paid sub and the 5e campaign I play in uses Beyond, so no.

To add some perspective, I doubt more than one or two of the ten people in that game have any idea what’s happening with the new OGL (or what the OGL is, for that matter).

Remove ads