• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anyone cancelled their D&D Beyond subscription as a protests over the OGL?

Lojaan

Hero
This is a bit restrictive and loaded. Where is the option -
"No I won't cancel even though in principle I do object" which I am sure is the most common answer.

WOTC has done far worse than this, including claims of racism, sexism, anti-Union actions and abusing creators. While few were supportive of WOTC in these examples, few also canceled their subscription.
They do have an option for this. It's the "I'm satisfied with this situation" option. Because if you don't take action that is what you are effectively saying.

Last edited:

Scribe

Legend
You need an account, you don't need a paid subscription. Paid subscriptions are what WotC care about.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but while that is true to a point, total user count also matters. Subs can come back, going through the process of getting your account nuked is an additional layer of dedication to the cause of telling Wizards to say hello to Asmodeus.

Remove ads