Has anyone had new characters roleplay their childhoods?

harmyn

First Post
I never ran a kids adventure as a prelude for a campaign. But in my last 3.5 campaign I ran an adventure for the characters when they had gotten to about 5th level where they encountered a powerful fey spirit that was causing a murderous jealous rage to well up in people. When the player characters found the correct clues about what the monster was I told them, they new exactly how to defeat it. The players all looked at me with big blank eyes. One finally asked me, how they knew that off the few vague clues pointing to what the monster was.

The campaign jumped back to when they were children (ages 7 to 12). The trio had grown up in the same castle together and two were cousins so it was an easy thing to do. They then had the adventure as children where they had first encountered and defeated the beast. When they figured out how to do it as kids and succeeded, I flashed them back to the present where they scrambled to gather the needed components for the ritual to take care of the beast permanently this time (they had missed that part of the binding originally as kids, worked out perfect).

So that was my brush with kids as PCs in recen ttimes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases