WotC Has Kyle Brink left WotC?

Interesting. I thought that this would be considered a relevant piece of news by the community here, similar to what happened when Winninger left WotC, but obliviously not. :)

So many folks have come and gone over the last couple of years even just since One D&D was announced I guess. We don't even know who is replacing WotC President Cynthia Williams. Still it appears Kyle will no more be missed then Cynthia Williams.

People generally liked Ray Winnger, he had a history as a game designer, having made several 2e adventures and some other stuff before taking becoming Design Teams Boss. And he was super transparent and great at communication, you could learn as much from his Twitter as you could from the cool events he put together. It's not been the same since he left.

Scribe

Legend
Interesting. I thought that this would be considered a relevant piece of news by the community here, similar to what happened when Winninger left WotC, but obliviously not. :)

I cannot even recall what he was, VP? Other than the Apology Tour, I dont think I ever saw his name pop up, and that was some time ago at this point. I mean we are mid-2024 now.

Fired? Quietly exited, stage right? What did he even do.

Oofta

Legend
Supporter
I cannot even recall what he was, VP? Other than the Apology Tour, I dont think I ever saw his name pop up, and that was some time ago at this point. I mean we are mid-2024 now.

Fired? Quietly exited, stage right? What did he even do.

Like many people across the country, he no longer works at the same company for reasons that we don't know.

What else is there to say? People quit, get better jobs, retire, get fired all the time. On average, people stay with one company for a little over 4 years in the US. I don't see why it's any of our business, if he wants people to know what's going on with his life he'll post it somewhere.

Scribe

Legend
Like many people across the country, he no longer works at the same company for reasons that we don't know.

What else is there to say? People quit, get better jobs, retire, get fired all the time. On average, people stay with one company for a little over 4 years in the US. I don't see why it's any of our business, if he wants people to know what's going on with his life he'll post it somewhere.

Idle chatter related to D&D/WotC/RPGs is (should be?) what this place is for. /shrug

KYRON45

Hero
They tell us what we would like to hear. We winge for a while and then buy the next product to complain about. Rinse and repeat. I wouldn’t want to work there either.

Clint_L

Legend
They tell us what we would like to hear. We winge for a while and then buy the next product to complain about. Rinse and repeat. I wouldn’t want to work there either.
Keep in mind that you know nothing about his situation and why he left. Maybe he loved working there but got an offer that was too good to pass up. This happens sometimes in the course of a career. Maybe his family needed to move for reasons that supersede the job. Maybe he just wanted a break. Maybe he got ill. Maybe he got released.

Until he chooses to share, speculating about his situation and then using that speculation to justify your own opinions about his former employer seems pretty unfair and kind of exploitative.

Remove ads