WotC Hasbro CFO Sharpens Focus on Cost Savings As Toy Shoppers Pull Back

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Guys, they had record toy sales 3 years ago. Whatever is happening right now, it's not because of some fundamental long term change in populations. There has not been enough time for anything like that to happen to this extent. This is, most likely, the come-down from the pandemic up-lift.

Stormonu

Legend
Man, model trains - I used to be lucky enough to have an 8' X 4' HO train set in my room when I was young (up to about 16), and set up a 8' x 8' set at my house before I had kids. It had been in storage for years, and I just recently got rid of it all. The closest my kids had was Thomas the tank engine set and they outgrew it by about 8 years old.

I also used to do a fair amount of models (Testor's & Revell, mostly planes) and that got me roped into the likes of GW's 40K. A couple years ago I found myself marveling that I'd spend a week putting together a 40K tank for a game I'd never play starting the day I got it and had two model airplanes still sitting in their boxes from ten years ago. My kids? If it wasn't Legos and didn't come prepainted & mostly assembled, they wouldn't bother touching it.

Can I go back to the 80's now? My toys are gathering as much dust as I am - I finally have the money to buy all the toys I could ever want and too damn tired from work to play with them.

The Soloist

Adventurer
Man, model trains - I used to be lucky enough to have an 8' X 4' HO train set in my room when I was young (up to about 16), and set up a 8' x 8' set at my house before I had kids. It had been in storage for years, and I just recently got rid of it all. The closest my kids had was Thomas the tank engine set and they outgrew it by about 8 years old.

I also used to do a fair amount of models (Testor's & Revell, mostly planes) and that got me roped into the likes of GW's 40K. A couple years ago I found myself marveling that I'd spend a week putting together a 40K tank for a game I'd never play starting the day I got it and had two model airplanes still sitting in their boxes from ten years ago. My kids? If it wasn't Legos and didn't come prepainted & mostly assembled, they wouldn't bother touching it.

Can I go back to the 80's now? My toys are gathering as much dust as I am - I finally have the money to buy all the toys I could ever want and too damn tired from work to play with them.
How much social media do you do? I found that if I let social media go I have more energy for modelling, learning rules and playing.

Remove ads