• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Hasbro selling D&D IP?

mamba

Legend
It's an IP- that's all it is to Hasbro; if it makes sense to them to sell it, and they had a buyer, they would.
they are not really selling IPs all that much, and selling one of your major IP’s keeping you afloat is just plain stupid, so no, they are not selling D&D, I feel pretty confident that the 99% got it right

KYRON45

Explorer
Isn't it true that even if "D&D" died right now it would live on in the OGL it recently almost choked on?
Is that Irony? Did I just use irony correctly?!?!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
they are not really selling IPs all that much, and selling one of your major IP’s keeping you afloat is just plain stupid, so no, they are not selling D&D, I feel pretty confident that the 99% got it right
Heck, they're not even selling GI Joe, which hasn't done much for them in years, beyond providing a hole to pour movie development money into repeatedly.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Isn't it true that even if "D&D" died right now it would live on in the OGL it recently almost choked on?
Well, yes, but in Creative Commons, not OGL form. That's where many of these other non-D&D 5E games are relying on now.

If WotC and the IP vanished off the face of the earth, it would be a hiccup for groups running 5E.
Is that Irony? Did I just use irony correctly?!?!
Yes, Alanis.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I was the one who slimed her on You Can’t Do That On Television.

Moose was best girl though.
You rolled a 20 for your to hit roll. Right on target

1706736899541.png

Remove ads