Have you ever fallen asleep during a game? (Stupid topic, but what they hey)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Can't usually afford to; I'm the DM!
Has happened once or twice in the past, though, when I was playing late at night with only one player, nothing dangerous was going on, and it still took him 15 minutes to make up his mind on what to do next... :p

MythandLore

First Post
Yes (a few times over the years), so have others in the group.
You know, in the wee hours of the morning, when every sane person has already gone to bed, but you just keep playing.
I usually just get a weird dizzy "can't keep my eyes open", "I've been awake way too long" feelling.
If I fall alseep it's time to call it quits or way to much time was wasted.

Zappo

Explorer
Not to me personally, but a friend of mine did once. You see, he had a headache that day. No problem, except that his parents had put the bottle of Valium in the box of the painkillers and vice-versa. And the bottles looked about the same, especially if you just want something for the headache and aren't looking at what's written on it. However, the doses of the painkillers and the valium are rather different. In the end, he had taken a triple dose of valium before noticing. He came to game anyway, but after five minutes his willforce failed and he fell asleep on the coach.

The Kender

First Post
I'm played an All-Weekender 3E Game a while ago. I dosed a couple of times and I guess I kept DMing. The player was a little tired, so he couldn't tell that I was Sleep-Dming.

Just a side note: From when I was awake that weekend, the player got to level 5. Maybe because it was just his character, but.... In a total of 28 hours.

Wee Jas

First Post
In the old all nighter days... I'd fall asleep and the party would wake me up on my turn.. "Magic Missle" I'd groggily say every time until I'd hear.. "Who do you magic missle? All the enemies are dead!""

Narina

First Post
bottle of Valium in the box of the painkillers and vice-versa. And the bottles looked about the same, especially if you just want something for the headache and aren't looking at what's written on it.

Yes, it's True... the Valium bottle looks much the same as the bottles of Tylonol you get from the hospital Pharmecy. I Too made this mistake... and it was at a time when I was taking four tylonols to get rid of head aches (which I later discovered were dehydration headaches... which my docter says is one of the most common causes of headaches)

Well, when I started to get woozy headed, I decided I needed some "fresh air" so I went outside to play fetch with the dog while the other PC's dealt with an encouter that my character wasn't involved in. Well, long story short... The pavement started looking mighty comfortable, and instead of curling up and taking a nap right out there on the back porch I came inside and asked my friend if I could take a nap on his bed. Before he could answer "yes" I fell over, much to the amusement of the rest of the players. I think I woke up some 14 hours later... in bed. Don't ask me if I walked there or was carried, I don't remember.

Narina

First Post
Yes, it's True... the Valium bottle looks much the same as the bottles of Tylonol you get from the hospital Pharmecy. I Too made this mistake... and it was at a time when I was taking four tylonols to get rid of head aches (which I later discovered were dehydration headaches... which my docter says is one of the most common causes of headaches)

Well, when I started to get woozy headed, I decided I needed some "fresh air" so I went outside to play fetch with the dog while the other PC's dealt with an encouter that my character wasn't involved in. Well, long story short... The pavement started looking mighty comfortable, and instead of curling up and taking a nap right out there on the back porch I came inside and asked my friend if I could take a nap on his bed. Before he could answer "yes" I fell over, much to the amusement of the rest of the players. I think I woke up some 14 hours later... in bed. Don't ask me if I walked there or was carried, I don't remember.

Remove ads