Have You played In An Official D&D Adventurer's League Event?

Never have. The WotC locator tool is useless - it shows over a dozen stores in my area that participate in Adventurer's League, but most of them actually don't. When I call to check, half of them haven't heard of it before, and the other half said they used to, but stopped a year ago or more. There is one store in the next town over that has an active running game, but it's a 45 minute drive...

Never have. The WotC locator tool is useless - it shows over a dozen stores in my area that participate in Adventurer's League, but most of them actually don't. When I call to check, half of them haven't heard of it before, and the other half said they used to, but stopped a year ago or more. There is one store in the next town over that has an active running game, but it's a 45 minute drive away, and happens right in the middle of my workday. My normal gaming group once tried to run a home AL game, but we found the restrictions too restricting for no benefit.

AlphaDean

Villager
Sure, I just wondered if the WI events were similar.

It might be the Baldman events that skew things. I'm not complaining since what they offer is professional for the most part.

(That said I don't like the randomness of sign-up when there is so much money involved).

I would never suggest going to a con to play AL games... unless of course they offering an EPIC. If you can find a local gaming store to play AL content I think that's better. I normally got to Cons to try new things and catch the latest buzz and swag.

Remove ads

Remove ads