• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have You Seen The Pax East Acquisitions Inc. Game Yet?

Likely old news to some, but straight from the horse's mouth (for values of "horse" which equal "WotC") -- "In this special PAX East live D&D game, we switched things up a bit by having Chris Perkins play while Mike Krahulik and Patrick Rothfuss take a turn in the Dungeon Master's chair! After returning from the Underdark, the heroes of Acquisitions Incorporated find themselves with some free time on their hands, and we take a closer look at what goes on in the office and in their home lives. You can download Mike and Patrick's adventures for free right now from the Dungeon Masters Guild!"

Likely old news to some, but straight from the horse's mouth (for values of "horse" which equal "WotC") -- "In this special PAX East live D&D game, we switched things up a bit by having Chris Perkins play while Mike Krahulik and Patrick Rothfuss take a turn in the Dungeon Master's chair! After returning from the Underdark, the heroes of Acquisitions Incorporated find themselves with some free time on their hands, and we take a closer look at what goes on in the office and in their home lives. You can download Mike and Patrick's adventures for free right now from the Dungeon Masters Guild!"

[video=youtube;FTHu-uv673E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTHu-uv673E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Saw it and enjoyed it as I have every AI game, but I have to say that it was my least favorite of the big PAX games. The humor and banter were not as good as past years. Scott Kurtz was sick, so that may have had something to do with it. But also but having Mike Krahulik DM, it really changed the dynamic of Mike, Jerry, and Scott, who work so well together as players and give the AI games most of the magic. The rest of the magic comes from Chris Perkins as DM. I don't think he brought as much as a player as he does as a DM. The chemistry is just different. Chris as DM with Scott, Jerry, and Mike as players works very, very well.

I actually liked the second half with Patrick Rothfuss better, even though he wasn't the smoothest DM for broadcast game. It is just more fun having Mike in the group as a player.

Don't get me wrong, I like Patrick as a player and he is starting to feel less like a "guest star" but he still remains the most replaceable member of the AI group. Also, Chris Perkins is a very hard act to follow as a DM (I thought Mike did GREAT, but I still like Mike as a player for AI).

I'm looking forward to the new series.

I felt like Mike's half was the more spontaneous of the two. I almost cringed for Patrick at times, not that I'm saying I could do half as good ;-) I absolutely like Chris better as a DM than as a player. Just didn't feel like he had the continual presence and participation in the banter that the other guys do when they're players. All that said, I enjoyed the crap out of it because it's the first one I got to attend in person, and with my son. Definite memory we'll look back on!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Remove ads

Remove ads