Hawkeye Disney+ Limited Series (spoilers)

I really hope Kingpin isn’t dead.

Never trust an off-screen death. And with superhero-related stuff, never trust an on-screen death. lol

Besides, someone has to be chasing Maya in her Echo limited series, or maybe someone she is still trying to take down in her series.

And how did I forget to include her in the Young Avengers speculation? Though for now, she may fit more with the Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts thing that Val is assembling.

That didn't come across to me. Maybe I am misremembering, but it seemed like she showed up, injured some of his friends (which is a pretty bad way to start a conversation), and then they very quickly started fighting. I don't think the fight was well-motivated in the plot, whereas if Kazi attacks her to protect Kingpin, that's a stronger reason for the two of them to fight.

Very good article about/interview with Vincent D'Onofrio:

This particular part really stood out:

According to D'Onofrio, one point of connection is that the five-year "Blip" caused by Thanos's apocalyptic Infinity War finger snap rocked the Kingpin's corner of New York City. "After the Blip, he lost some of his power, and he wants it back," the actor explains, adding that his alter ego is "physically stronger" as a result of that mission.

pukunui

Legend
That didn't come across to me. Maybe I am misremembering, but it seemed like she showed up, injured some of his friends (which is a pretty bad way to start a conversation), and then they very quickly started fighting. I don't think the fight was well-motivated in the plot, whereas if Kazi attacks her to protect Kingpin, that's a stronger reason for the two of them to fight.
Kazi is standing with two cronies about to shoot Clint with his sniper rifle. Maya uses her bike to knock over the cronies then starts talking to Kazi. He tells her she should have left. She pleads with him to go with her. He says “this is my life!” He grabs an arrow, they fight, she breaks the arrow and stabs him with part of it and he dies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That didn't come across to me.

She explicitly tells him that she doesn't want to kill him and that they could leave together.

Kazi is standing with two cronies about to shoot Clint with his sniper rifle. Maya uses her bike to knock over the cronies then starts talking to Kazi. He tells her she should have left. She pleads with him to go with her. He says “this is my life!” He grabs an arrow, they fight, she breaks the arrow and stabs him with part of it and he dies.

Yeah, it read to me like a classic "struggling over a weapon and one of them gets stabbed with it" thing.

Overall, it was a good series. I enjoyed Wandavision and Loki more, but this gave the old Hawkeye a decent wrapping-up, which I admit was called for.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
At the end, when Kate is proposing various superhero names for herself (e.g. Ladyhawk), and Clint says he has a better idea … do you suppose he suggests that she simply take on the name of Hawkeye?

Yeah. It seems to me that Clint wants to at least semi-retire, so passing on the name makes sense - after all Cap did it, so why can't he?

Remove ads