Hawkeye Disney+ Limited Series (spoilers)

I have not poked around the spoiler articles and such yet, but I am betting there will be a lot of complaints about the watch or pointing out that in the early episodes the watch clearly looked like it had a reddish face, but the watch that Clint handed to Laura did not have that at all.

MarkB

Legend
I have not poked around the spoiler articles and such yet, but I am betting there will be a lot of complaints about the watch or pointing out that in the early episodes the watch clearly looked like it had a reddish face, but the watch that Clint handed to Laura did not have that at all.
It has a salmon-pink face in both shots. In the first one it just has some metallic reflections of red light.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Ok, reactions.

The plot about a Dad wanting to get home for Christmas was painful to watch due to RL health complications with my own Dad. u_u Still a bit cathartic.(Similarly the Yelena/Clint scene at the end hits hard)

I love how Kate actually gets to grow into the role. Every scene with Kate and Yelena is very funny, particularly the elevator scene.

The fighting choreography is very well done and spectacular enough. Tony Dalton was having the time of his life during that final part. Having Jack recruited by the Larpers was madness.

I loved the musical in the post-credits.

On the other hand, I would have wanted Fisk to live to fight another day. I feel his character was wasted, he only shows in the third act, without much in the way of characterization and gets put down like a dog. At least having more of him to develop would have been great. And yes, that shirt? Come on! (One positive thing here is that there isn't an explicit death scene, he could always end up being able to snag the gun out of Maya's hands if he showed in another season or movie/series)

Stalker0

Legend
In the Comics Wilson Fisk has no 'superpowers' but is incredibly strong and durable, most of his bulk is muscle and he's a skilled martial artist (including sumo wrestling). The Netflix FIsk emphasized his brutality and focus that made him inured to pain but was still 'realistic', whereas this version seems a bit too Disney villain, with the apparent invunerability to arrows and ugly floral shirt (Netflix Fisk was a sharp dresser who'd never wear that shirt) (edit: also remembered in Netflix his suits are armoured (Kevlar weave?), so maybe his floral shirt is armour and blocked Kates arrow?)
I think its very easy to believe that Fisk had the best body armor money can buy under his clothes. Hell he might have even had personal shielding, or something all said and done.

I think his strength is supposed to be "peak human"....and considering what feats "normal humans" can do in Marvel, I think he's feats were in line with a peak version of that. The simple truth is, humans in the MCU are just stronger and more durable than actual human anatomy would allow, so you have to allow for a bit of "superhuman" when you look at the top conditions.

And no I don't think Fisk is dead for a second. Whether it was some shield device, or fisk actually turned the tables on Maya and got the gun...they definitely have plans for that character in the future, he's too good to throw away.

Ultimately I think this show was one of the better representations of what I thought the MCU tv shows would represent. Just a good old time, with some fleshing of characters, some fun plots that don't ultimately change things TOO much. Ultimately it did a good blend of making Clint both heroic and mortal, and frankly was a better send off for Natasha than her own movie.

pukunui

Legend
What’s the next Marvel Disney+ show on the schedule? Ms Marvel?

I presume that will start around the time The Book of Boba Fett finishes.

Ryujin

Legend
Fisk has survived wounds that would kill a normal man on more than one occasion. He is portrayed as almost 500 pounds of solid muscle, on a massive bone structure. He's gone toe-to-toe with Daredevil and Spiderman. I have no doubt that he'll be back after a single gunshot. That (field pointed) arrow barely penetrated him. He didn't need body armour.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
also did the whistle thing that stopped Yelena remind anyone else of the Maarthaaa scene in BvS? it wasnt as cringey as a Maarthaa scene especially after the reminder released in the past week that when Yelena visited Natashas grave she whistled to her sister (but didnt get a reply). That they released that 'director commentary' now and then we get pay off in Hawkeye giving the return whistle, just goes to show how tightly crafted and integrated the MCU is and Hawkeye has particularly good writing

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
also did the whistle thing that stopped Yelena remind anyone else of the Maarthaaa scene in BvS? it wasnt as cringey as a Maarthaa scene (espcially after the reminder released in the past week that when Yelena visited Natashas grave she whistled to her sister (but didnt got a reply))
That they released that 'director commentary' now and then we get pay off in Hawkeye giving the return whistle, just goes to show how tightly crafted and integrated the MCU is (and Hawkeye has particularly good writing)
That's an example of how you do that sort of thing; show an honest connection between two characters, who have a love of a third in common. BvS pulled it out like a Bat Shark Repellent out of a utility belt, but without the irony.

Thomas Shey

Legend
On the other hand, I would have wanted Fisk to live to fight another day. I feel his character was wasted, he only shows in the third act, without much in the way of characterization and gets put down like a dog. At least having more of him to develop would have been great. And yes, that shirt? Come on! (One positive thing here is that there isn't an explicit death scene, he could always end up being able to snag the gun out of Maya's hands if he showed in another season or movie/series)

Assuming Fisk is dead because of one gunshot sound offscreen is a big leap given the history of pulp and comic conventions.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases