Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

perrinmiller

Visitor
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier



Mack shrugs, "Well, I thought the frozen people in carbonite were to be picked up by the Imps. Maybe that was wrong."

So instead of waking her up, he stuns the Imperial Officer and the other unconscious trooper again to make sure they will not wake up anytime soon. Then he makes sure they are securely tied up with either liquid rope or mesh tape, whichever is more handy on the ship.

That task completed he says, "Well, I think we are about done with Darga anyway right? If so, let's go back and plan the operation to take place when everyone else is either drunk or distracted by something else. He has got have something entertaining planned for this evening."

"Since we already know that slime majordomo is a traitor and working for the Imps, let's nab his butt first and put the squeeze on him ourselves. Then we use him to make the break out and have him also take the fall with the Imperials. Particularly if he is seen in company with two troopers and Imperial Officer carting away the carbonite. Otherwise, we drop a stun grenade or two on the guards with TB or something."

"If that allows us to get out of there with minimal fuss, then it doesn't matter if they saw us or not, does it? The Imperials are already going to hold Darga responsible for their agent disappearing. Particularly if some mercs in his employ did the abducting right? We just need the right person to find our dead trooper and know Darga's goons did the job."


[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 5
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: nothing but a speeder

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mack shrugs, "Well, I thought the frozen people in carbonite were to be picked up by the Imps. Maybe that was wrong."
"Well, Demaws was trying taw clinch that deal," agrees Sloor while he and TB help with the securing-prisonners bits, "but the latest message we have is him asking taw much fawr their taste..." So that was the plan? All based on a misunderstanding..? Though, when you think about it: "Guess it dawsn't matter: The guards dawn't knaw haw the negawtiatian went, and that's the frecsing pawint: we're faking being the legitimate buyers either way." The main question is still HOW, and no joy on getting an answer from the two main co-conspirators so far... They do have something planned, right?

As they finish up, Sloor slaps his hands: "Alright. Let's gaw taw the frecsing Mess Hall, sit dawn and plan this all awt like prawfessiawnals." <And I'm going to assume they do, unless somebody insists they continue discussing this standing up in the cargo hold for some reason?>

Sloor takes his usual seat as Mack communicates his *own* version of the coming rescue...

Oh for crying out loud! swears the besalisk when Mack finishes, before getting himself under control. A deep breath... Alright, once more, without feeling: "Naw, we are nawt dawne with Darga. He's awer superhighway taw Bespin and, frek, I dawn't knaw, maybe, just maybe, having cawnnectians with an actual Hutt *might* be a useful thing taw have in the future? Me and Mir and Darius had a big discussian awn this just befawre the attack awn the imperials, you knaw?" What the frek is the matter with these spirks? Wanting - no, insisting - they throw away the biggest advantage they've gained so far (short AND long term)? "Taw: kidnapping Darga's right hand man, withawt Darga awr any awf the guards finding awt? Haw is that suppawssed taw *simplify* this run? Frek, Mack, right now, with all the betraying in the air, that blue spirk is the mawst watched thing in the place..." And that's not counting the spirk's own security, of course.

Human's are weird things sometimes... Or maybe it's just the ones he associates with? You got to be a little insane to buy into this Rebellion frek, apparently. (Thank frek he's (mostly) in it for the creds... Mostly?)

"Anyway, could we stick with the relatively impawssible awf quietly getting taw frecsing cawrpsicle awt befawre we pile anything twice as impawssible awn tawp?" He looks from one to the next before focusing on Darius and Mir: "Saw. I'm gawing taw guess that we *dan't* have a plan awn haw taw handle the guards?" A glance at Mack: "Awn haw taw *quietly* handle the guards." He starts distractedly manipulating empty bottles and miscellaneous condiments: "Alright, saw we're in there, here, and they're if frant awf us. We want them taw give us the cawrpsicles <two packets of blue and white sweeteners behind the 'guards'> withawt a fuss, saw we need them taw believe we've just bawght them, all legal and abawve bawrd, naw frekking questions asked..." What would do that..? Oh, and additionally, "Naw calling up their *bawss* <a big bottle of Dammirean spice to the side> taw check-" Sloor eyes widen, and then he starts to grin: "Say, Mack man, you think you could put together a little hawlaw reel awf awer vacatian time here awn Cataw? I dan't knaw, say awf awer gawd friend Demaws *telling* his guards he just sawld the prize taw us? Plenty awf shawts awf him discussing *just that* awn the data that translation drawid gave us, right? Plus all the files you taw swipped frawm under his nawse if we need extra bits!" His brown eyes begin to shine as they follow inner thoughts neatly falling into place... This - could - actually - *work*. Right?
 
Last edited:

Dr Simon

Community Supporter
Darius takes a bit of time to get into the inner layer of the clone armour, but joins the discussion in the mess hall. He nods as he takes in Sloor's points.

"I'm interested to know, exactly, what further information there is to get from Darga, or Demos," he adds, "I think we can treat the two of them as having separate agendas. We captured the Imperials so that our employers could interrogate them about the Sarlacc, but you think there's more we can get from the Hutt? Or his assistant?"

"If that's the case, the carbonite can wait. Whatever we do to get them out, there will be trouble one way or another, and I think it's best to leave them until last so that we can more easily make out getaway." He drums his fingers on the table. "Yes, they will wait a bit longer," he adds, as if trying to convince himself.
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Going to get whiplash from all these direction changes... Still: "I'd just bluff it awt. Just being there afterward's gawing taw gaw a laaang way intaw shifting suspiscians. (Figure we can send the Banshee awt with awer prizes while-" A circular gesture including Mir, Mack, Darius and himself (and TB too), "- sawme awf us stay here and ferret awt that all impawrtant invitation taw Bespin in the meanwhile)." He stops to consider, looking a bit doubtful... "We *might* learn sawmething new abawt the prawject while we're dawing that," he admits after some thought. "Maybe frawm Demaws. *He* might have investigated." But then, wouldn't he have put it into his office files if he had? "Dawn't think Darga cares as lawng as there's creds at the end." Lucky mudcrutch... "But naw, I'm thinking the Hutt's utility has nawthig taw daw with infaw -- at least nawt *prawject* infaw: like I said, he *owns* the frecsing place where we want taw gaw next. And he's a Hutt. Awer side can get *plenty* awt awf a cawnnectian like that!" And if they can't, good old Sloor will sure as frek *show them* how it's done!

He looks to Darius, relaxing back some, back into his seat: "Naw if it's repercussian's you're wawried abawt, Dark awne, then there's always that file exam I suggested earlier," back when they first brought up the idea. "If the cawrpsicles are Demaws' alawne - his prize, his mini-dungeawn (main Darga awne elsewhere)," (Looking back, that place does look frekking small, and bare of prisonners, for a spirk of Darga's stature, and current activities.) "his guards - then we're risking a lawt less;" A hint of that predatory smile of his: "and there's a lawt less the frekker can daw abawt it taw, isn't there? Especially if he's been hiding it frawm his bawss... Mack, you want taw cawpy me thawse files saw we can have a looksee?" He holds out his datapad for an old-fashioned data bump.

OOC: Possum, assuming Mack does, Sloor will re-examine the datafile on the corpsicles (from Demos' office) AND the messages Demos exchanged with the imperials while trying to sell them said corpsicles (and anything the dungeon guards might have said during that drunken party yesterday?).

Is Darga mentionned anywhere in them? i.e. Is Sloor getting the feeling that Demos was trying to sell the imperials *his* corpsicles with Darga nowhere in the loop?
 

possum

Visitor
OOC: Possum, assuming Mack does, Sloor will re-examine the datafile on the corpsicles (from Demos' office) AND the messages Demos exchanged with the imperials while trying to sell them said corpsicles (and anything the dungeon guards might have said during that drunken party yesterday?).

Is Darga mentionned anywhere in them? i.e. Is Sloor getting the feeling that Demos was trying to sell the imperials *his* corpsicles with Darga nowhere in the loop?
Demos was trying to speed things up and sell them to the Imperials, but you get the sense from the data tapes that Darga was playing the long game with them. After all, they certainly aren't going anywhere...
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Frek. "Well saw much fawr that idea. Guess the blue spirk was using the cawrpsicle discussions as his Darga-vetted cawver taw pass-awn the rest, right?" Doesn't really explain the translation droid not knowing about them, but, frek, maybe Darga's more independant then he thought. Where does that leave them though...? "If we pull it awff right, dawesn't matter when we daw it. There *is* a risk thawgh, but as I said, I think bald-faced lying and cawmman sense are awer best defense there: 'What, you think we'd have stayed here, withawt awer ship, if we'd pulled this thing awff?' Would be better if the Banshee was still here, granted, but..." A four-armed shrug. No way that he can see to pull *that* off AND get all four of their prizes out to the Resurgence (five counting Rizza). Shipping containers are simply *not* going to cut it... though there *is* the imperials own ship, isn't there? "'Scuse me fawr a beep. You spirks decide wether you want taw gaw naw awr nawt, I'll be right back."

Sloor gets up, letting the others discuss, and quickly heads down to the cockpit once more. Luckily, Sirona's still there <I'm assuming? If not he'll look for her around the ship>, having her own discussion with Crash about - something technical? Religious? Frek if he knows.

The besalisk leans into the re-inforced doorframe: "'Scuse me, sra? We're trying taw plan the cawrse awf the universa back there -- awr at least the next few secands awf awer lives, and we're wandering: did you spawt the imperials cawming in? Did they land here in the city? What kind awf ship daw they have?"


OOC: He'd also like to know if she spotted any orbital activity then, or since then (probably not from an orbiting star destroyer like last time, but maybe something smaller and equally dangerous on our scale of things?).

Re the general course of action (and correct me if I err here, Possum), I think the Bespin thing is the next chapter in the adventure path. I'm therefore proposing we do the Corpsicle Rescue bit now and then, if we pull it off, leave the Getting an Invitation to Bespin bit to be described in the chapter transition (i.e. part of the usual "what have they been up to" paragraphs)... Would that work for everybody?
 
Last edited:

possum

Visitor
[sblock=Sloor OOC]The Imperials were from the base on planet, although it's likely that the woman arrived on planet shortly before you did. All Imperial Navy that Sirona has spotted has been the random Imperial customs ship running random checks on incoming vessels.[/sblock]
 

possum

Visitor
[sblock=Sloor OOC]The Imperials were from the base on planet, although it's likely that the woman arrived on planet shortly before you did. All Imperial Navy that Sirona has spotted has been the random Imperial customs ship running random checks on incoming vessels.[/sblock]
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"The imperial base is near here?!" It comes as some sort of revelation: Hadn't even *thought* about that (You've got an entire frecsing planet to play with and they had to settle *here*? Though that's probably (partly) why Darga thought up the deal in the first place, right?). And of course they *were* headed back there when the group ambushed them... And *of course* Victra parked her ship there as well! "Well, saw much fawr that idea... Again." A self-mocking chuckle: "Thanks, sra; Guess it's 'Gaw Big Awr Gaw Hawme' time... I'll let you knaw which it is soon as I knaw."

And with that he nods respect and quickly heads back towards the meeting, already in progress in the mess room... "Saw which is it gawing taw be, spirks?" He asks as he re-enters. "Gaw awr naw gaw?" He looks curiously from face to face to face...
 

Dr Simon

Community Supporter
"Go... as in go and get the carbonite prisoners, or go as in go back to the Resurgence? I'm for the former," says Darius, "and ready as I'm going to be, I think."
 

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
This game is no more. Sadly.

I had the following bit written out a looong time ago (the core of it from way back when Mir and Sloor exited the mess hall to rejoin Darius and Mack). Figured I'd post it anyway, even though it's a bit bitter-sweet now.

[sblock]A tension-draining sigh there by the doorway, once the others are out of sight. It's been frekking high-tension ever since he (very mistakenly, it seems) tried to get to Mack's interrogation from the mess room... but it looks like they might just make it out of here alive after all!

And, frek, wasn't that - kiss thing with Mir - frekking un-expected! (Clouded memories of wanting to punch Mack in his armoured gut last night, granted, the feast and battle that preceded, sure, but still...) And with Mir of all people? (She's... not going to exactly be the easiest girl to live with, is she?)

Sloor looks down at his open palms. Frek though, shouldn't have let go fo her arm so easily! Not like him to surrender something of value without a fight, a bargain... something.

Silence... followed by a slow, half-mocking, half-thrilling smile... "'Sawmething awf value', eh?"

Sloor strides out of the mess hall.[/sblock]Dawn of Defiance, I shall miss thee.
 

Advertisement

Top