• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack locks the majordomo's quarters and hopes that everything will be as Demos thinks he left it, without a trace of who might have pilfered his stash.

Resuming his ruse or disguise or his excuse to touch the female scout in a familiar way, he slides his arm around Mir's lower back once more.

"All in the act, babe."

"We going to disturb the Hutt Lord in his pursuits of... pleasure I would imagine? What does a Hutt do for fun- Nevermind, I really don't want to know."

"Or do you want to wait or rendezvous with Sloor first?"

The soldier still has his arm protectively around the woman, letting her guide the direction she wants to go.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Mir's waist

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks at Mack and smiles, "I think you are getting to used to this..."

"While I would like to wait for Sloor, we should do it now, while Demos is not here. I think it gives us our best chance at presenting our best case without interruption." the woman says.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Mack, his visor stowed and helmet on its attached fastener when not on his head, gives Mir a boyish grin to her smile, "That I am, babe. And, I notice you have not been pulling away neither."

As they approach Darga's quarters, the soldier let's go and becomes more business-like and even dons the helmet.

"Alright, let's do this. I will be the not so silent muscle and follow your lead. You can have the evidence if you want."

The Imp credits and the datachips are in his utility belt and he will give them to Mir if she wants them.

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
As you near the door to Darga's quarters, a Weequay guard crosses his vibroaxe with the other guard stationed at the door. "Lord Darga's not accepting visitors right now."

Songdragon

Explorer
(( Okay... that is, irksome. I had a decent post written out, I thought I had posted it... Have the dice rolls from yesterday...))

Mir looks to the Weequay and says with some urgency, "Would you please let Darga know that we have information of some importance to disclose."

(( Persuasion roll 1d20+4=14... an doubting that would convince the guard... ))

"I understand you have your duty, but the information concerns a traitor that we have discovered... Lord Darga must know of this, as soon as possible." Mir says trying to press her case.

Knowing that it is unlikley she continues, as she calls upon the Force, "Please. you must inform Darga that the Crimsion Fists have discovered a traitor in his midst and that they must see the Great Darga immediately."

(( Mind Trick the guard... 1d20+14=20 to beat his Will Def ))

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Mack opens his mouth, about to add his two credits to her initial plea. But, then she continues on and he sees the effects of her mystical persuasion. He is reminded of her threat to send him running around naked in public. He closes his mouth and blurts, "Oh. Not needing my help after all."

"Very well."

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
The guard stares blankly for a brief second before speaking once more. "I shall inform Darga that the Fists have discovered a traitor," he states before entering the room.

He returns a few seconds and ushers you in. Darga reclines in a cushioned bed, watching the HoloNet news. As he sees you, the screen turns off. "Explain..." the Hutt speaks in Basic.

Songdragon

Explorer
As the guard disappears she whispers to Mack, "Lets try to keep information our 'friends' below to a minimum, just in case, " she monitions to the room ahead, "Does not know."

As Mir and Mack make their way to see Darga she whispers, "Follow my lead."

Entering the chamber and hears the Hutt speak in Basic Mir is taken aback for a moment but bows slightly to hide it, "Thank you for seeing us Lord Darga."

"We apologize to disturb your rest, and while our leader is involved in other business, we have been told to bring this important matter to your attention." Mir starts off with. "We have come across some evidence that your trusted adviser, might at best be working his own deals on the side and at worse might be working against you Lord Darga. There are several records to show you, I will work through them, my Lord."

She motions to Mack and whispers, the "I told you so card first please..." After that one is played through she will continue to Project 33Bc plan and financial figures, followed by the the text from the slavers that Demos was keeping, and lastly the communications that the group was given about Demos and his communications with the Empire.

"I will concede Lord Darga, that nothing here screams "I am going to stab you in the back:, literately or figuratively. It does show that Demos has been keeping too many secrets, if not a grudge against you for not listening to his advice. And the latest attempt to poison you earlier... who is the one who dealt with the slave after she was discovered... no evidence, if there was, would be left of such an involvement." the woman pauses to let it sink in a moment, "We brought this to you as soon as we were able to compile it all and hope we were in time to avert any more injury to you Milord."

She looks to Mack to see if he wishes to add anything...

"We thank you for the audience Milord, please, let us know if we can be of any further assistance?" She bows her head and waits for the Hutt's response.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Mack stands at parade rest, or close enough to it, except his blaster rifle is cradled in his arms.

He nods at the right places in Mir's explanation and hands her the datachips when she needs them.

When she is about finished, he adds his two credits, "The majordomo has lied more than once, and will likely do it again. Probably when he is caught and he tries to escape execution with his slippery tongue."

"I suggest surprising him in an interrogation and catching him off guard. Easier to tell when he's lying."

"Does Lord Darga want the Crimson Fists to deal with him?"

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
Darga looks surprised when he sees the evidence, though he never asks where or how you fully acquired it. He seems non-plussed about the legal way to make money that Demos had advised, but concedes that the loss of such funds could be a powerful motive.

He explains that he knows of the messages to and from the slavers and that he had ordered Demos to keep their complaints filed away for later use, perhaps even the Imperial visit later in the day.

It is Demos' communications with the Empire that seems to anger Darga more than anything. He orders the majordomos quarters to be locked down and the Neimoidian to be detained on site.

The Hutt stops for a second, and a horrible smile spreads on his face. "No..." he adds. "He must not know of this, not until tonight. He knows not that we are on to him, and will attempt to skew the negotiations to an Imperial advantage. We know this, though, and it will work even more in our favor. We shall catch him in the act. He has served me loyally for years, but if I catch him in the act before all of my court, there can be no question of his guilt!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads