• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Head of the class (stonegod judging)[Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I'll admit the thrill of leveling is not reduced no matter how many PCs I've leveled over the years. Psych. Raven's taking a fighter level, and would love to pick up a shield and longsword. I'll manage this IC. No biggie.

Raven smiles at Mad Dog. "That's a great idea. So you will attack at that signal from the back? How many warriors do you have? We will head down a little earlier & try to get to the prisoner to keep him from being killed in the assault. In the end, we'll put all the treasure in a pile and split it 50% to our group, and 50% to yours. Sound good?"

"Hey, by the way, I could use a shield and a bigger weapon for this operation. Have you got an axe or sword I could use?" Raven would love a weapon that deals 1d8 or more dmg, and would like a shield to boot.

IcyCool

First Post
Mad Dog grins at Raven's mention of a pile of treasure. He chuckles, "You really think there'll be that much, eh?" When Raven asks about the number of men he's got, he shrugs, "There's not all that many of us that are what you could call competent fighters. Myself, and 6 others will be going in."

[sblock=Raven, Shoot]You can tell that Mad Dog isn't being entirely truthful about that number. You aren't sure if he's exagerrating, or holding back the number.[/sblock]

When Raven asks about a weapon and shield, Mad Dog shakes his head. "I've got a shield that I was going to use, but we don't have any others." He lets out a sharp whistle and when one of the Bedlam Boys pokes his head into the room, Mad Dog asks, "If we've got any spare weapons, bring them in here. And fetch my shield while you're at it."

When the gang member scurries off, Mad Dog says, "We aren't exactly arms merchants, and we sell most of our extra equipment for food money. But if you'll offer us a fair price, you're welcome to anything we have. And if you're willing to part with some extra, I'll even sell you my shield."

The gang member scurries back into the room a few moments later with a steel shield strapped to his back and hauling a wooden crate with various weapons sticking out of it. He sets the crate down on the table for Raven to look at, and removes the shield and hands it to Mad Dog.

The crate contains a light crossbow, 2 maces (1 light, 1 heavy), a morningstar, a longsword, and a club. Mad Dog's shield is a normal heavy steel shield, with a snarling wolf-like face etched onto it's surface, two glittering red gemstones set as it's eyes. The design is very distinctive, and very well done, appearing as though it could almost leap off the shield and devour someone. All of the weapons and the shield are of average quality, though the artistry on the shield would certainly fetch a slightly better price if it were sold.

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock= Some OoC stuff... ]
IcyCool said:
OOC: Fang heals 2hp per hit die, assuming that Shoot (being a healer) attends to him, so he should heal 4.
OoC: I wish it were that easy. Isn't that a DC15 Heal check? If so, d20+3 (Wisdom bonus) = 8, which falls a little short. :(
IcyCool said:
Shoot - 1080xp
Shoot's character sheet has been revised, and I've submitted that to Bront for approval for level 2 play. Looks like fun!

Um, and with that in mind, disregard the spells prepared on the character sheet, those are for general reference and planning only. For the morning, he'll have:

0 level: Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Flare, Guidance
1 level: Cure Light Wounds (x2), Magic Stone

First thing in the morning, Shoot will find something green and growing to meditate on, renew his spells, and cast Cure Light Wounds on Fang: d8+2=9, which should put Shoot's favorite canine at full health, and leave him with:

0 level: Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Flare, Guidance
1 level: Cure Light Wounds (x2), Magic Stone

If I might summarize all that in-character?[/sblock]Shoot settled in with Fang for the night, caring for the animal tenderly but not knowing how to best care for his furry friend. In the morning, he sought out a bit of greenery to remind him of the land where he found the wolf, a land now laid desolate by the Last War. Old memories came back -- good memories, and Shoot became attuned to the magic that flowed through the world once again. He regarded Fang's wounds, still open and sore, and channeled healing magic into the form of his lupine friend until the wolf was good as new.

Satisfied that the pair was ready to face another day, Shoot and Fang formed up with the rest of the group at the Bedlam Boy's hideout. Shoot liked Mad Dog's plan to attack at the sound of the bells, but wasn't too sure about the 6 fighting men that Mad Dog claimed he had. He picked up the club from the box of weapons that Mad Dog's helper had brought, and looked it over. Hadn't Tali said something about skeletons? The warforged thought his scimitar wouldn't cut through bones very well, but a good stout club might smash them good. "Can I borrow this?", he asked Mad Dog. "I'll give it back when we're done fighting. We might have to sm-smash some skeletons!"

Shoot didn't care how many men Mad Dog had. He was going to find Loris and bring him back to the nice teacher man!

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Raven would like the shield, but doesn't want to bargain with Mad Dog. She worries the metal sheild will slow her down, as well. "I'll take this longsword," she says, fingering the blade. "How about 15 gold?"

Raven has over 100 gps, not having spent any of her advance money yet.

Once she has a longsword, she's ready to venture into the sewers.

IcyCool

First Post
Mad Dog raises his eyebrow at Shoot's mention of skeletons, but simply nods his head in the affirmative at Shoot's question.

When Raven quotes her price, Mad Dog nods once and says, "Sounds fair to me." He takes her money and tucks it away. He hefts his shield and says with a grin, "Good hunting." With that, he heads out of the room and into the hall. You can hear him shouting, "Vik, Wallace! Get the men ready! We're leaving soon."

Assuming the party is ready, they leave and make their way down to the slums. The directions they were given prove to be easy to follow, and they find themselves at the sewer entrance near the old brewery.

Someone

Adventurer
Having spent the best part of the night scribing new spells in his prayerbook, Seat isn't at peak performance in the morning, and isn't too strange he's not heard. Still, the dwarf goes with the group after carefully performing the complex rituals from obscure religions that he think will be the mst usefulness in a fight.

ooc: Sheet updated and mail sent. Spells prepared (notice these are level 1, will update when he's approved for level 2):

1st level: Cure light wounds x2, Shield of faith
Orisons: Read magic, Detect magic, Cure minor wounds.

Manzanita

First Post
"I think we should all head into the sewer together. It would be too dangerous to split up and leave someone with the bedlam boys. I'll go first."

Raven will lead the way into the sewers. She keeps her eye out for armory stores as she travels. If she can find a large wooden sheild, she'll buy one. Raven does have a torch she can use for light in the sewers.

IcyCool

First Post
Raven is able to make a quick sidetrek to a street market and find the shield she is looking for. She makes her purchase before the group arrives at the sewer entrance.

OOC: I'll be gone until Monday, happy Eating-lots-of-food day! And to those of you who don't have one of those days, have a good weekend.

When I get back, we'll have Mayhem!™ :D

Remove ads