Healer (Core Class)

Crothian

First Post
They don't memorize spells, they cast sponataniously. The only Divine spell casters to do so. I realize that, but the spells lists are rather small and a Healer can't predict what she will need.

Steven McRownt

First Post
uhm...a high level power to give them without let it become too mystical.

1.Mass Healing?

2.Create Hospital? I am thinking to something like the Mordenkainen 2e spells or create campsite from ToM, that allow people to safely eat and sleep in a warm place. Actually that could be simply as an aurea that spread for some meters (50 meters, 1500 in your foot!) around the healer that accelerate the normal healing rate, satisfy hunger and thirst, and give a complete night of sleep in only 6 hours (but the healer must be awake, cannot simply activate it and then go to sleep).

3. Healer's blessing. Can cure up to an entire community who is afflicted with a non-magical disease.

Steven McRownt

Crothian

First Post
Major Edit. I added more to the class. Reformatted the appearence. Added fluff. Added abiliteis of healing by giving up something of the Healer and the ultimate sacrifice of any healer. I put in a synergy bonus for Knowledge Anatomy if one has 5 ranks of Heal. Check it out. I think you'll like it.

Steven McRownt

First Post
Superb work, Crothian. This class really rocks!
Just one thought:

Healers are trained by a mentor. One on one instruction is very important. There are a few Hospitals that offer teaching, but most of the time Healers live alone and find a single student to devote their time to. Healers do charge for their services, but never more then the person can afford. Usually they become part of the community. For their healing ability, the town provides everything they need. They don’t live a life of luxury. They live a life of devotion to the people and keeping them well and preventing outbreaks of illnesses and diseases.

In terms of RPG should we think that all money gained over the stardard of an healer will be donate to pious organisations, to charity or to healer's hospitals? In that way rich families will actually pay a good amount of money that could be reinvested in something "good for the cause", and that could even become some adventure hook! I mean, there's no need in making a sort of comparative table taking accounts of the wounded help; it would be just a stupid way to fill the game with useless tables (and i defenitely think that you're thinking like me:)), but saying so as a general rule, it will explain more of their way of life.

Hope to be for somewhat useful,

Steven McRownt

Crothian

First Post
I added a superior Lay on Hands ability. Basically, she can now heal her lewvel times her Charims and Wisdom bonus added together.

I also weakened the healing from the heal skill. Instead of so many HP a round, it is per minute for a number of minutes of the Helaers level.

As for the money. Well, that'll depend on the healer. Some may give it to a charity, some may save for a rainy day, others may stock up on important items, some may save for a better place or for a hospital. Some may use it buy a dress for the Spring Formal.

Limper

First Post
I really like the Get to the Wounded ability: Could it stack if they had those feats already (where aplicable)?

Given the focus of this class if you are intending it for players you might want to ADD bonus healing spells for high Charisma as well. Since this is a very supporting role class I'd lean in this direction. It might hurt if multied with cleric who has heal domain, but as DM I'm sure you can enjoy tossing a bit of extra damage at a party.

Very good work again by the way.

Crothian

First Post
Making spells off of both wisdom and Charisma might not be to bad. Their spell list is not that bad and they could use the extra spells.

Mult classing to a cleric might be powerful, but it does prevent the use of higher level abilities of both classes.

Remove ads