• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Healer's Lore and Healing Word

zoroaster100

First Post
Does the Cleric's Healer's Lore class feature boost healing for the cleric's Healing Word class feature? I had always assumed so, but I noticed on the Character Builder a note about the bonus healing is automatically added to all the cleric healing attack and utility powers, but not to Healing Word. That might just be an oversight in the program, but I wonder if this has been clarified, or if anyone with good sense of the 4E rules can advise on your opinion on this question.

Maleketh

First Post
It's a cleric power, sure, but more importantly, it has the Healing keyword. It therefore benefits from Healer's Lore.

msherman

First Post
What about item powers?

Does healer's lore apply to Healing keyword powers gained from items?

And if so, how does it combine with Exalted Armor? Do you get the bonus twice, once on the original Healing power and again on the 1d10+cha bonus from the Exalted Armor?

James McMurray

First Post
Healer's Lore specifically state that it applies to Cleric powers, so it won't help with items, multi-classed powers, half-elf Dillettante abilities, etc.

Jack99

Adventurer
And it doesnt work with regeneration either, even though all cleric regen powers have the healing keyword.

jonshaft

First Post
I hate to be the fly in the ointment but technically healing word is a class feature, "The cleric has two class features that work like powers: Channel Divinity and healing word." PHB p62. But on the preceding page under healing word it says "Using the healing word power,". Ambiguous... yes, consistency is not overrated.

Jack99

Adventurer
I hate to be the fly in the ointment but technically healing word is a class feature, "The cleric has two class features that work like powers: Channel Divinity and healing word." PHB p62. But on the preceding page under healing word it says "Using the healing word power,". Ambiguous... yes, consistency is not overrated.

Technically, you are thinking too much about D&D. We know that HL affects HW. Witness any example published by WotC and lore is added to word.

zoroaster100

First Post
I think everyone who said Healer's Lore applies is correct. Upon further examination, it seems that although the Character Builder automatically includes a note about the extra healing with cleric attack powers with the healing keyword, it does not do so for other cleric healing powers, such as cure light wounds (which are utility, rather than attack powers). I'll post this to the Character Builder folks to see if they can add the reminder about Healer's lore bonus healing to Healing Word and to the utility powers as well.

Should cleric powers with the healing key word which provide regeneration benefit from Healer's Lore, or are those outside its scope. If they were affected, I assume you'd only get the bonus one time, not every round.

Remove ads