• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Cala watches Samira walk away and trails after her.*

"Girl! You going to sulk the rest of the night? So yer mother's a flighty creature, get over it! You had to know girl, it's in your blood too. She's a nice woman, but a bad mother. I've seen a dozen fire nymphs, and they're a lot like her, though most are far meaner. You lucked out Samira, you lucked out in that she tried. Be happy for what she did give you, instead of being sad for what never had been! Or spirits help me you're going to spend the rest of your life here making an oasis with your tears!" she says roughly, her hands on her hips.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Samira: Flamekissed Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt: Unfettered/Rogue/Seductress)

“Yes, I imagine so, Cala,” Samira replied flatly and without turning to face Cala, “but they are my tears, and it is my life. Anyhow, I will give your words there proper due. You can leave me be now.”

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Samira said:
“Yes, I imagine so, Cala,” Samira replied flatly and without turning to face Cala, “but they are my tears, and it is my life. Anyhow, I will give your words there proper due”
"Forgive a humble servant for speaking thusly to a most esteemed heir, but I believe in my heart you need to hear this," Jibril offered, his voice carrying over the sand. "This does not become you, it does not become . . . a heir."

You are casting aside the joy of meeting your mother for the first time, because your mother has the love of more that just you. Every mother that walks these sands hopefully has more love in their heart than that for a single child . . . a husband, other children, their own mother and father. Do you not have love in your heart for more than just your mother?"

"Grieve that your idealized mother was not real, revel in the joy that you found her, do not be so selfish as to think that she can only have your love and none other . . . ."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

“Oh, yes! I’m the selfish one,” Samira retorts, “I’ve seen mothers with their offspring. I know a daughter is a blessing and that they’re suppose to be loved more than the father cause they share your blood but that’s not the case here is it?”

“I’m tried of these silly games and I never asked to be a heir Jibril. Your more than welcome to take my spot and my crown!”

* Tossing her crown upon the ground Samira turns again to walk off from the others in another attempt to be left alone. *

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril A'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

Samira said:
“Oh, yes! I’m the selfish one,” Samira retorts, “I’ve seen mothers with their offspring. I know a daughter is a blessing and that they’re suppose to be loved more than the father cause they share your blood but that’s not the case here is it? I’m tried of these silly games and I never asked to be a heir Jibril. Your more than welcome to take my spot and my crown!”

Jibril sighed, his feet settling to the still warm sands. 'The love is not stronger . . . it is different. I know . . . ,' Jibril thought. 'It saddens me that she cannot . . . will not think of someone other than herself. An heir should think of more . . . .'

'--Your most humble servant must apologize, most esteemed Shalah--' Jibril thought as he glanced to Shalah. '--My hope was that the esteemed Samira would see the circle of love . . . of life, but sadly that is not the case. Her ears hear but do not listen.--'

Looking at the crown in the sand, Jibril knew such a thing was dangerous . . . dangerous to leave alone . . . dangerous for the former wearer to so easily cast aside. He wondered about the ramifications, for the others . . . for the heir Samira . . . for himself. Jibril understood in something as critical as this, that saying you quit meant nothing.

Jibril moved to the crown and stood beside it, looking down at the crown then up at the rapidly departing Samira.

OOC: Jibril has no intention of picking up the crown for himself. He did not want it lost in the sands. Has anyone handled another's crown after the acceptance and wearing on their head?

Rystil Arden

First Post
--Esteemed Jibril, it is not your fault-- Shalah sends comfortingly to the guardian --I think she just needs to be left alone...to think--

*Despite this, there is one being that does not know when to stay quiet, that grieves for Samira's sadness, and that is currently located in Samira's cleavage.*

*Samira feels soft empathic waves of unconditional love and understanding, and then a familiar voice--Jamilah*

--Samira, please don't be sad. I love you so much, Samira...I don't care what those other people say; they are wrong. You are the most wonderful and special person in the world, and you deserve so much more...but the only thing I have to give is my love, so I do, with all my heart; if I'm even allowed to have one--

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

* Samaria frowns when she feels the voice entering her mind but as she recognizes the voice of Jamilah she fishes in her cleavage for the object that is the source of it and drops it unceremoniously to the ground as she continued to walk away from the rest. *

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Samira walks off to sort out her feelings in private as Cala walks back to the group, a sneer of disgust on her face.*

"Well, are we leaving that one with Kadar? Or is she going to straighten up before the genies do it for us?" the cantakerous Dustkissed demands. When no one moves to pick up Samira's crown, Cala rolls her eyes. "It's not a snake boys, just treat it with respect." Cala pulls out a silk cloth and wraps Samira's crown up into it before handing it to Shalah. However, she never does touch it with bare flesh, and her face becomes curiously expressionless when she handles it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Shalah gently takes the silk-wrapped crown without touching it to her flesh. As she does so, Jamilah comes drifting back.*

--Uh, Shalah...Samira's REALLY REALLY mad. I don't think she loves me anymore.--

--Don't worry little one, Samira will cool down soon. She just needs some time alone.--

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril A'Mussan (Windwalker, Human) Rogue/Psion/Fighter

"Most esteemed ones, I would believe that it would be best to relax the remaining evening and heat of day tomorrow, then set off as the Sun heads for the desert sands," Jibril offered. "A watch should still be maintained, out of respect for the desert and its inhabitants. I will be glad to take the third watch. My humble apologies, esteemed ones, for it has been a long day from all of us . . . but a day you can feel proud of what you have all accomplished."

"As for the esteemed one, Samira, perhaps tomorrow afternoon the decision will be made for us . . . one way or the other," Jibril added quietly.

*With that said, Jibril went about the camp making certain everything was in order (supplies, horses, water, tents) and assisted those that requested it until most of the heirs were comfortable and ready to settle in for the evening.*

Remove ads