Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Adham nuzzles Nafeesa looking up at her with soulful eyes before liking her hand. "It's all right, she chose her path. Beings with pure magic in their blood can be single-minded, and she had only one thing on her mind. You did your best for her," he murmurs to her. Dahad simply leans up against her in a show of sympathy for her sorrow.

*Nafeesa smiles to your companions and gives each of them some gentle petting*

"Thank you. Such kind and soothing words." She says softly

Rystil Arden

First Post
Jamilah soars to the place where Samira's footprints lead and catches sight of a lock of red hair. It's caught in the rocks by the fire fountain's edge, shielded from the full force of the fire. It's curled in the heat, but it was clearly caught on the rocks and pulled out when someone went into the fire fountain.

--Samiraaaaaaa!!! No! It can't be! Noooooooooooo!!!!--

*Jamilah calls out impotently with her tiny psychic voice, but there is no one within range to even hear the bereaved psicrystal at all. Stricken with grief, she sinks to the rocks below, manifesting little tendrils to pick up the lone hair and stroke it gently as she sends out silent psychic sobs, alone on the rock and unwilling to move, except as she slowly begins to ponder following Samira into the fire, where they could be together forever.*

*Meanwhile, back at the tent, a small tear slowly rolls down Shalah's cheek, and she gives a little sniffle, her body shaking, until she regains the composure needed to manifest a Telempathic Projection on herself to help her regain her composure and feel better, realising that otherwise she was likely to break down into tears in front of everyone.*

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril A'Mussan (Windwalker, Human) Rogue/Psion/Fighter

Jibril checked with each of the heirs in turn, asking, "Pardon esteemed one for my asking, would you like more time to . . . understand, to mourn? We may be able to delay a day or two, make preparations in the proper manner . . . to say goodbye."

OOC: If Jibril notices the crystal take off or cry out, he will follow it and then use control air to force the tiny object back away from the oasis, then control object to rein it in so he and Shalah can talk with it. Jibril didn't want to lose anyone else . . . even a psicrystal.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Shalah shakes her head.*

"At least for me, I think the best thing will be to put some distance between myself and this place, lest it bring me an upwelling of grief again...Now with both Takiyah and Samira gone, I am all alone..."

(OOC: I guess everyone could see Jamilah fly off, but she can't be heard unless someone is within 60 feet because her psychic voice doesn't carry--hence her impotent cries that are heard by none. Poor Jamilah :()

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dark Nemesis said:
Tariq sighed softly at the news, and shook his head. Really, was it so bad that she had to take her own life? And in such a horrible way, too. He glanced over to Shalah, to see how she was handling the news, ready to provide comfort if needed. Suicide was always the hardest on those left living. Thoughtfully, he scooped up Aliyy, and scratched the cat behind the ears.
Aliyy nuzzles Tariq, her eyes full of emotion. She begins to purr, not speaking, just letting him know that she's there to comfort him.

Suhayb and Omran come to Jibril as the heirs decide what to do. "Jibril... I have never been good with dealing with crying women. And I think I might serve better... elsewhere. I am going to go scout ahead a bit, and see if I can see a good place on the horizon to strike out for our camp tonight, or tomorrow night as the case may be," Suhayb says in a halting voice.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Tariq cannot help but to smile at Aliyy’s affections, her purrs doing much to ease his troubled thoughts. “Thank you, my friend,” he said quietly. When Jibril approaches him, he replied, “I also believe we should continue on, lest despair overcome us. However, I will abide by the decisions of the others…”

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril A'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

Suhayb said:
"Jibril... I have never been good with dealing with crying women. And I think I might serve better... elsewhere. I am going to go scout ahead a bit, and see if I can see a good place on the horizon to strike out for our camp tonight, or tomorrow night as the case may be," Suhayb says in a halting voice.
"I understand completely, my friend," Jibril replied, "I would think we will be setting off when the sun is three quarters across the sky and the temperatures have begun to cool. The two of you should travel together . . . the desert is no place to travel alone."

"In fact, if our esteemed companions are ready, we could set off at once. Though the sun is hot, it may dry our tears and burn away the darkness of the last few hours."

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Nafeesa stands quietly near your animal compainons awaiting the orders for the group's next move*

" I do hope we have a plan of action forming over there." she mumbles to the golden pony and the midnight dog.

khavren

First Post
Abdul

"Excellent idea. Since we do not know how far it is to the war we must intercede in, we should be going sooner rather than later. Let us take our leave of these place of sad memories and move on. I will lead."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Keia said:
"I understand completely, my friend," Jibril replied, "I would think we will be setting off when the sun is three quarters across the sky and the temperatures have begun to cool. The two of you should travel together . . . the desert is no place to travel alone."

"In fact, if our esteemed companions are ready, we could set off at once. Though the sun is hot, it may dry our tears and burn away the darkness of the last few hours."
"We'll go see what we can see. You should be able to read my traces easily enough," Suhayb says with some relief. The flamekissed and the Atiik trot off eastward.

A while later the rest of the heirs can gather up their wits, their tears, and their possessions and strike out after them. Jibril can pick up Suhayb's trail easily, as the flamekissed made no effort to attempt to hide it. He leaves the occasional marker that point to potential dangers such as lightning sand (sand with no earth beneath it, that can draw people down into it to suffocate), potential burrows of sleeping predators best left undisturbed, and areas that simply seem to carry an uneasy aura of emotion or magic.

The heirs catch up to the two guards around midnight. They've stopped near the edge of a field of large broken boulders and other formations of rock. Anything could be hiding in there, and probably was...

Remove ads