Spoilers Madam Web Review with Spoilers

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Finally saw it.

So, it’s The Terminator. Pretty much beat for beat. Dakota Johnson is Kyle Reese, there are 3 Sarah Connors, and evil spider dude is the Terminator.

She even makes a “there is no fate” voiceover at the end.

It’s The Terminator, but not as good. It’s not quite the train wreck I was led to believe it would be though.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I think it actually is just as bad as people say.

Nathan Rabin even featured it in his long-standing series "My world of flops", designating it as a "fiasco" with these parting words:

"Madame Web shocked no one by becoming the latest low-rent superhero movie to flop with critics and audiences. This stinker is an unusual superhero movie in that it is almost wholly devoid of superheroics and an unconventional action movie in that it features minimal action."

Weird that this article seems to have been taken down. Here's a Wayback Machine archive for anyone who wants it:

pukunui

Legend
Weird that this article seems to have been taken down. Here's a Wayback Machine archive for anyone who wants it:

Weird. I can’t seem to read the whole thing using that link. I get to a point after the bit about Dakota and Ellen, and then there’s a “continue reading” button that does nothing when I click on it.

EDIT: Luckily, the original link still works for me!

Thomas Shey

Legend
Finally saw it.

So, it’s The Terminator. Pretty much beat for beat. Dakota Johnson is Kyle Reese, there are 3 Sarah Connors, and evil spider dude is the Terminator.

She even makes a “there is no fate” voiceover at the end.

It’s The Terminator, but not as good. It’s not quite the train wreck I was led to believe it would be though.

That's a fair assessment, but I'm not sure its possible to have that kind of storyline without it leaning into that pretty heavily; you can probably do some productive fiddling at the borders I'd guess. We'll find out when Terminator Zero comes out, I guess.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads