D&D 5E Heliod, God of the Sun

dave2008

Legend
With the efficiency of our distribution chain I should be able to get it around January.
Well, the physicall book is not out until July 22 (or something like that), but they put it up on DnD Beyonf, FG, & Roll20 on the original release date of 6/2/2020.

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
Ash, very cool - is it alright if I think to this in my 5e Mythic Monster Updates thread? I will credit you and link directly to the OP.
Sure thing, good sir! Feel free to. I've also added a pdf/doc of Heliod with additional material as a resource to EnWorld, so feel free to use that as well :)

Last edited:

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
AC and hot points probably need to be higher. 24-26 AC range.

Not sure where the HP needs to be.
It is a mythic so it has 986 HP and is immune to most attacks, or do you think it needs more than that? Though I agree it should have at least a higher AC,
Good points with these, AC was a bit tricky because these creations are not meant to be as epic as Dave's (awesome as they are), but I've edited in an AC of 23. Thanks heaps with that! The hp should seem about right, as Dave rightfully points out he actually has 986 hp as a mythic.

dave2008

Legend
Good points with these, AC was a bit tricky because these creations are not meant to be as epic as Dave's (awesome as they are), but I've edited in an AC of 23. Thanks heaps with that! The hp should seem about right, as Dave rightfully points out he actually has 986 hp as a mythic.
I'm trying to stay closer to RAW with my Mythic Updates.

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
After looking at the build a bit more, why doe sit have so many immunities? I get radiant and fire, but why cold, lightning, and thunder?
Good points! Cold was so to illustrate he is unbothered by his expeditions through the cold night of Nyx, and to also symbolise the travels of the sun as it traverses through the cold void, and unbothered by this traversal. Lightning and thunder were, I felt, representative of the immunities of Zeus, which Heliod is somewhat in part.

dave2008

Legend
Good points! Cold was so to illustrate he is unbothered by his expeditions through the cold night of Nyx, and to also symbolise the travels of the sun as it traverses through the cold void. Lightning and thunder were, I felt, representative of the immunities of Zeus, which Heliod is somewhat in part.
I am not familiar with the lore of Heliod, but maybe resistances would be better options for some of those?

PS - great work by the way and thank you for sharing

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
I am not familiar with the lore of Heliod, but maybe resistances would be better options for some of those?
After looking into this some more, having them as resistances instead of immunities seems more appropriate, I've edited this in; this breadth of resistances and immunities will also serve to inform the resistances and immunities of other gods down the road.

PS - great work by the way and thank you for sharing
No worries, thanks heaps! Thank you also for the amazing epic work you do!

Remove ads