Hellboy (2019) Trailer

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
[video=youtube;WYz-EsjXrtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYz-EsjXrtQ[/video]

This movie looks like if Constantine and Suicide Squad had a baby, and that baby wrote a movie script with crayons. And then that movie script was taken by the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, who hired Sharknado to do the dialogue for it, and then Ultraviolet directed it. And then they asked Ian McShane "Hey, would you like a Paycheck?"

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Oh. My.

Even the makeup looks shabby by comparison.

Give it back to del Toro and Ron Pearlman, please.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Huh. I didn't mind it as much as you guys did. At least until the massive monster CGI-fest at the end, as I think I'm done with massive CGI-fests.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If the movie overuses “Mony Mony” as much as the trailer, then Tommy James AND Billy Idol need to sue.

To me, the tone in that trailer seemed...off.

MarkB

Legend
If the movie overuses “Mony Mony” as much as the trailer, then Tommy James AND Billy Idol need to sue.
It seems to be the trend lately - got to have a classic pop/rock song in your action movie trailer. I guess they couldn't spring for Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now".

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
It looks...fine?
Plot twist: All of the movies I listed there and was making peripheral fun of are guilty pleasures of mine. Especially Ultraviolet, which is a movie that makes absolutely no sense, but I just like putting it on and turning my brain off. That balcony shoot-out scene with the reflections is simultaneously the dumbest and prettiest action scene of that whole year.

Except Paycheck. I only included that because I couldn't think of another pun for Ian McShane's presence. :p

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Plot twist: All of the movies I listed there and was making peripheral fun of are guilty pleasures of mine. Especially Ultraviolet, which is a movie that makes absolutely no sense, but I just like putting it on and turning my brain off. That balcony shoot-out scene with the reflections is simultaneously the dumbest and prettiest action scene of that whole year.

Except Paycheck. I only included that because I couldn't think of another pun for Ian McShane's presence. :p

It was the best thing he could think of to do with his Wednesday?

Remove ads