• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HellHound's Maps - Underdark and Beyond (13 Maps)

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Last one of the ocean-side set, unless someone makes requests for more.

This is a cathedral I need for my current plot-line. It is long-abandonned and no one knows who originaly built it.

Attachments

• map8.jpg
    map8.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 256
  • map 8 on parchment.jpg
    map 8 on parchment.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 326

These are really nifty. I don't know what the digital version might be lacking, but if you like the print version better then it must be stunning. I really like it. It feels nice and convoluted, with hidey-holes like any good cunning spellcaster would want.

Not sure if the sorceress in question would appreciate being called 'Fell,' but that's beside the point. Very nicely done.

The Cathedral's also very nice. I'd put some interior windows on those rooms in the main hall, so that you could have people hiding inside, watching as the heroes enter to confront the baddy, and then bursting out when the showdown starts. But still, you'd better stop sharing all these for free, man. We could sell these things. Maps are like gamer cocaine.

Dice, as we know, are gamer crack.

HellHound

Next map in the set.

This is a wizard's tower sent to me as a request. This only details the above-ground levels. The below-ground stuff will be on the next map I post.

Attachments

• map9.jpg
    map9.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 225
  • map 9 on parchment.jpg
    map 9 on parchment.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 299

Erywin

First Post
Wow, great awesome maps :) I will definately be using some of these, love the black and white hand drawn and then put on that wonderful parchment :) Now if I only knew more about Photoshop to try some of this stuff myself :(

Keep up the great work,
-E

Mista Collins

First Post
Excellent maps.. too bad my underdark campaign just ended.. I guess I'll have to use these great maps for something else. Keep up the top-notch work.

Sunaj2k3

First Post
Underground Maps?

Hellhound,

If Phineas's thread can come back from the grave, this one can too. Is there any way to get the maps of the underground level(s) of the wizard's tower from you? I liked what you did with the Underdark set and hope you post more.

HellHound

Sunaj2k3 said:
Hellhound,

If Phineas's thread can come back from the grave, this one can too. Is there any way to get the maps of the underground level(s) of the wizard's tower from you? I liked what you did with the Underdark set and hope you post more.

Is 2 years later too late to answer that question?

Goals for this map when I started:

- Location that can be used for 1 to 3 fights.
- Set up so these fights can overlap into each other easily, so it could become one huge running battle.
- Abandoned location where a group of drow archaeologists are looking for something

So, I settled on an old fortress of some kind that had a water supply, but where the water level had gone up in the distant past, making it so most of the old site is unusable because it is under a few feet of water.

However, because fighting in knee and waist deep water is no fun, a chunk of the location is above the waterline, and this will include some larger spaces to keep the encounters more interesting, whereas the semi-submerged portions are going to include a lot more 5 and 10 foot halls.

And of course, multiple levels. Because I love 3D battlefields.

- - -

So I started with the main entrance. Right off the bat I got the multiple level effect across by using a stone bridge over the entrance passage. To accent that the raised sections weren't the primary part of the fortress, I've made the stairs in that section a mix of man-made and natural formations.

People don't remember exactly who built it or when, but the whole thing stinks of rot and stagnant water ever since the water table moved up 8 feet and the two wells in the fort have overflowed to fill all the old living quarters. There are slime molds and other nasty stuff living there now, and most people just ignore it. Except now a team of Drow archaeologists have gone there to get a magic item long buried under the muck somewhere that the players also need.

And of course, to make it more fun, the Drow team is being hunted by a Cerebrelith. It's time to recreate the movie "Predator" in the underdark.

Attachments

• map 10.jpg
    map 10.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 187
  • map 10 on parchment.jpg
    map 10 on parchment.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 206

Remove ads