Hell's Heart is up at Dungeon

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Hell's Heart, the third in the Viktor Saint-Demain trilogy of Eberron adventures, is up on the Dungeon site. The interior art for the adventure takes another significant up-tick for this second online adventure; more of it, and all of it new. I can't wait to run this, which will require a bit of finagling on my part since in my game, Viktor was cured of his insanity and now tends bees in a quiet Cliffside retreat and solves mysteries around his dinner table.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Good things:
- The adventure itself. Nicholas Logue writes awesome stuff... and I need more adventures like this. And more Eberron adventures.
- The illustrations. I liked them, nice to see the non-Paizo iconics again, though they looked a bit displaced in Eberron.

Bad things:
- The layout still makes no sense. The ornamental frame is on the same side, every time. This makes no sense, if you print it double-sided. And the illustrations look a bit "floating" in white space.

To sum up: They have to work out some kinks in the presentation - but the adventure doesn't fail to deliver!

Cheers, LT.

GQuail

Explorer
WayneLigon said:
my game, Viktor was cured of his insanity and now tends bees in a quiet Cliffside retreat and solves mysteries around his dinner table.

I would go with the Batman school of thought for working this out: how often has Two-Face been "cured"? And yet, curiously, Harvey Dent's brain always ends up re-addling him and he voluntarilly scars himself so he can become Two-Face once again.

This isn't quite as easy if someone was magically cured of insanity, but the principle remains the same: you just need to add in a trigger to put him bacl. And you can always go the angle of having someone actively return him to crazyness for whatever reason: in my own campaign, a psionic murderer (one of few of his kind) has just been cracked out by another party because they want to use his rare talents as part of their own goals.

Remove ads